Morrisons/tradimar

got called out for a shift at tradimars in bellshill today, everything was going well got there at half1 this afternoon,

picked up the unit, black topline scanny done the checks everything etc, drove it round the corner to morrisons rdc only to be told where to go as i hadnt been assessed by anyone.

100 mile round trip for half an hours work.

still im getting 8 hours at £11 an hour so cant complain tbh.

you would think tradimars would no that you need to be assessed

del

yea i know but oh well least im not out of pocket.

Was the shift at Tradimar pulling for Morrisons? If so Morrison’s insist that you do a 4 hr ( min ) course :open_mouth: showing you how to work the fridges, show you where to fuel and last but not least where the canteen is.

pete-b:
Was the shift at Tradimar pulling for Morrisons? If so Morrison’s insist that you do a 4 hr ( min ) course :open_mouth: showing you how to work the fridges, show you where to fuel and last but not least where the canteen is.

yea it was, gatehouse staff wernt very helpful and talk far too quietly. i didnt have 4 hours to waste on assessmentsw anyway was late for doing this run, got called at half 12 to be in for aq run at half 12 lol. was meant to go in shunting but they wanted me on the run for some reason. still i didnt do any work and drove all of 2km.

now will that count as my 1 day of weekend work as technically i never did anything.

gogzy:

pete-b:

yea it was, gatehouse staff wernt very helpful and talk far too quietly. i didnt have 4 hours to waste on assessmentsw anyway was late for doing this run, got called at half 12 to be in for aq run at half 12 lol. was meant to go in shunting but they wanted me on the run for some reason. still i didnt do any work and drove all of 2km.

now will that count as my 1 day of weekend work as technically i never did anything.

you drove approx 2Km

did you have a tacho in?

i would presume, yes

are you being paid?

there again, i would presume, yes

does it count as your day weekend work?

do you really need me to answer this for you :confused:

shuttlespanker:

gogzy:

pete-b:

you drove approx 2Km

did you have a tacho in?

i would presume, yes

are you being paid?

there again, i would presume, yes

does it count as your day weekend work?

do you really need me to answer this for you :confused:

yes, yes and i guess thats yes, bummer cant work 2moro as i did 5 days in a van during the week oh well

whatever happened to :

take this truck, that trailer, go load here, deliver it here.

thanksbye

■■?

the worlds gone mad people

beattun:
whatever happened to :

thanksbye

■■?

yea and because i took this shift today ive missed 2 nights out with the same company tho not pulling for morrisons, trip to basingstoke then back to livingston then home, £11 per hour before midnight, £12 per hour before 12pm

oh well. still got my parcel force job going on at least. might just have to leave driver hire if the work luike this keeps coming in, i mean the folk at tradimar are nice enough and i wasnt annoyed at them for what happened today, more at morrisons, i mean fair enough being shown how to work the fridge but that takes 2 mins, but i passed my class 1 i know how to drive an artic, i may not be the best driver but i take my time with an artic.

gogzy:

beattun:
whatever happened to :

thanksbye

■■?

yea and because i took this shift today ive missed 2 nights out with the same company tho not pulling for morrisons, trip to basingstoke then back to livingston then home, £11 per hour before midnight, £12 per hour before 12pm

oh well. still got my parcel force job going on at least. might just have to leave driver hire if the work luike this keeps coming in, i mean the folk at tradimar are nice enough and i wasnt annoyed at them for what happened today, more at morrisons, i mean fair enough being shown how to work the fridge but that takes 2 mins, but i passed my class 1 i know how to drive an artic, i may not be the best driver but i take my time with an artic.

If you think that is bad, you want to try going in to Walkers Crisps at Beaumont Leys in Leicester :confused:

they give you the full guided tour, same as Morrisons, you can only drive what you have had an assesment on :confused:

gogzy:
only to be told where to go as i hadnt been assessed by anyone.

Why the [zb] would you need an assesment, you had that the day that you took your test and proved you were a competent driver, the rest comes with experience. In my entire driving career, I’ve never had a driving assesment and I’m 61 years old. My first driving job was on a farm at the age of 15. Every job I’ve had since that time, I’ve been handed the keys and got on with it.

Tiger.

gogzy:
yes, yes and i guess thats yes, bummer cant work 2moro as i did 5 days in a van during the week oh well

i cover the shift tommorow at morrisons :smiley:

only got a class 2 but does,nt sound like i would get past gatehouse for a trailer anyway :wink:

easy money gogzy :smiley:

kiw:

gogzy:

i cover the shift tommorow at morrisons :smiley:

only got a class 2 but does,nt sound like i would get past gatehouse for a trailer anyway :wink:

easy money gogzy :smiley:

oh yea it would have been easy money, even if i had done the shift but least i get the full shift :slight_smile:

where about in rosyth you from? i used to live near the library at parkgate.