Morrison Freight

kindle530:
Glen was the bloke i went to see for the interview, nice bloke from what i remember.Had interview in the offices on Star Lane (i think it was, was on the one way system, office on the upper floor) Trucks were parked on Cliff Quay.
i recognise a few names you mentioned. Didnt Glen get the boot for fiddling tyres or something?
Met Shinny once when he was on bulker for KGB, but that was a long time ago, i did hear he works/worked for RPS at Ipswich.
I had M17 MOR, a 85 with the high roof, pulling an old tilt, i left just before they bought the 95’s and euroliners, and started doing 3 weeks away.
Ive met Michael Gardiner quite a few times, he went on to have his own truck, ended up selling it. He went to Canada a couple of yrs ago, not sure if he moved or not, havent seen him for a while.
Ben was another name i remember, big fella,we were going down the A2 to Dover one Sunday night, and he ran out of diesel about 15 mins from Dover, D’oh!
The fella with the 500bhp 95 Super Space Cab was a nice fella, )Clive?) he left after his wife died of cancer if i remember. Cant think of the name of the bloke who drove it after him, but i saw him in Britvic in Norwich the other day, hes driving a forklift now. I beleive he had his own truck for a bit then had an accident so packed up. I know Trevor ended up driving it after this bloke, its bugging me now, cant think of his name, could have been Simon?, chubby fella, bit freckly, from Lowestoft.
I did enjoy my time there, only left cos i was getting married.
SuperDave got me a job after i rang him to see if he knew if there was anything about, around 2001ish when Morrisons only had a couple of trucks, i went to work for a Dutch company, sleeping at traffic lights kinda job! (cos of the Dutch boss, not Morrisons!)
2003 i went to work for a bloke from Stowmarket working for Evo Logistics doing Germany, blinding job, i really enjoyed that, ship out Sunday with up to 5 drops round Germany, reload for UK, load plastic bottles from Beccles and home mid Friday afternoon. Boss was a nice bloke but a total muppet, (and so was his wife, you ask Dave!!)ended up buying new trucks he couldnt afford, and went pop.
My motor on Evo Logistics

Interesting read Kindle!

Michael is a good friend of mine and now works for Simmonds Coach Company after he slod his truck and trailer to my Dad. Dad also purchased 3 of Morrisons 85’s and painted them Red (HTS) he had M2 More M3 MOR and M882 CPV. M3 MOR is stil in the UK according to DVLA and would like ton know where it is. Regarding M500 DAF The ■■■■■■■ Daf Clive Drove it from new and after he left it moved to anyone to use but not long after it was sold to an owner driver who painted it White and Blue - This truck became nothing but trouble sadly and was always in Chassis Cab with engine troubles. Dad told me that this was due to the ‘water softener’ which due to the filter not getting changed it clogs up and causes heat spots in the engine causing the heads to warp. I am trying to scratch my head who you did the germany for as that was an Anchor job once opon a time.

I have but can not work out how to upload them

Funny you mention Michael jmhts, i thought i saw him helping an old biddy off a bus the other week!
I remember the HTS motors, i think your dad ended up with just one 95XF didnt he? (as that was the only one i saw reasonably regular, hadnt seen the 85s for a long time) i spoke to him one day, trying to think what we talked about, didnt he have a job running box vans over the water somewhere? I said if he expands i would get in touch, i used to see him in Felixstowe docks on the ferry trailers.
The Germany work i mentioned was done for Evo Logistics, which was SuperDave and Jamie from Morrisons. They now go as Kersey Freight and seem to be doing really well.
andy66, i bet that was a bit unnerving!
Im gutted that i lost all my Morrisons photos, i took quite a few of the line up at Cliff Quay and out on the job.
I remember my first job for Morrisons, to Furstenwalde, between Berlin and Frankfurt Oder, it was hard work driving that 85 with an un-insulated roof pod, i’d just come off a brand new (N REG) 420 CD trim Volvo FH!
Anyway, LETS SEE THESE PHOTOS!

Thats Michael alright! either that or Kids throwing wrappers around on a trip to paris! he gets about now you know! Thats right with Dad still just the one XF I think the industry changed but he didnt with it. The days he had the 85s which was 1997 ish (they were 16 months old) were really good for him. They were on UPS doing plane chasing so collecting half plane lods from say Brussels and taking them to paris/heathrow to fill a plane for the US for example - nice Job! Superdave is a name I remember that also explains why Dad was doing Kersey Fright work about a year back.

The picturs at Cliff Quay would be good but I only have one of the 95 500 in Morrison there and Dads motors in their yard at Blakenham or in layby - how do i upload them on here? I cant work it out!

Right, it sounds complicated, but its easy!
(even i can do it!)

After you have clicked on reply and the box has come up to write in, look just below the box on the left hand side, there are 2 boxes, one says options, the other says upload attatchment, click on upload attatchment, then underneath that, a box comes up which says browse and add the file, click the browse button, and a box will appear (from your computer, not trucknet) click on pictures or documents (or wherever your photo you want to post is) at the bottom of that box it says file name, you left click on the picture you want to post, and the name of your picture (or number, or whatever) will appear in the file name box, after that, in the bottom right corner of that box, click open, the ‘computer’ box will go, and you will be back on the trucknet reply box, next to the browse button is a add the file button, click on that and it should load into the reply box. Then 2 boxes will appear, one says place inline, the other says delete file. Click on the place inline file, and the name for your photo will appear in the reply box, click on the preview button to check its all ok, and that is it.
If you want to add another picture, move the cursor down a couple of clicks and do it all again!

It may be an idea to open another web page, and get onto trucknet again so you can read this on one page then click onto the other page and do it.

Sounds hard, but it is a piece of ■■■■!!

worked with this company in the mid 90s any ex drivers out there with any photos they are able to post■■?

when i first started out in transport i worked with jamie from the office when he changed jobs and then also with adrian, who i think is still working for haven logistics

i believe kindle530 subbed for them/worked for them direct…

when i first started out in transport i worked with jamie from the office when he changed jobs and then also with adrian, who i think is still working for haven logistics

i believe kindle530 subbed for them/worked for them direct…

yes remember Jamie and Adrain well, had around 6 years working direct for them ,as is the norm made a lot of good freinds over that time with them ,do you rember Shaun ? he worked on the export desk then there was the german guys on the import.

i worked for em from 97-98ish, when they ran 85 Dafs with sky cabs, and parked down West Bank. I had K18 MOR. I left just before the XF’S and euroliners started turning up.
Ive seen Michael Gardener a few times as he lives round Diss way same as me. Spoke to Trevor Silbey(?) a few times, hes currently with Goldstars on the containers.
I think Arnie is working for (or at least was, as i met him on the boat one day) Sean Collins, who does work for Brinor i think.
I worked for a bloke subbing to Evo Logistics around 2002-3ish, which was run by SuperDave and Jamie. They are now based in Hadleigh running 2 motors and around 6 box vans and loads of subbies, now trading as Kersey Freight.
Gert was one of the Germans, cant remember off the top of my head the other ones name. Irish bloke interveiwed me for the job down the offices on Star Street(?) apparently he got the boot for fiddling tyres or something if i remember.
It was a great and easy job running to Germany all the time, money wasnt brilliant, the old english tilts were a pain,but easy work made up for it. I left in the end cos i got married. if i do find pics i will post em but dont think they will ever turn up unfortunatly…

The Irish bloke was Glen, i worked with him at Portbridge before he joined Morrison, when he left he returned to N Ireland working for Norfolk Line,Trevor i ve kept in touch with ,Arnie if Known for over 25 years now , super Dave what a bloke !! i rember him going to Calais over a week end trying to recruit sub contractors!! then there was Jeff from the midlands ,he ended up driving one of the 2 Magnums ,little Mark Shinn from Kings Lynn ,■■■■ WHO I still keep in touch with and a few more just cant rember the names , we must have been there at around the same time ,when i started i had the only low line 85 plain white ,then Kevin 9he lived in the Braintree area Left and i ended up with his motor untill the 95 s arrived , didint get one ,ended up up at orwell trucks on the 1st of August with Rod being introduced to me new Actros ( the Germans loved it !!0 they only brought 2 of them Arnie had the second,then after a few years i was one of the idiots who took over one of the 95 xfs worked it for 3 years then got out before it was to late !!!
will always remeber the sundy night boat out of Felixstowe , with Brinors guys and Foulgers on there and a few others happy days and some great memories.
will try and post a few pictures later .

Just thought id bump this thread up seeing as im on seeing putting random searches but just thought id say that i currently work for Kersey Freight in the office, with Dave and Jamie, and also Dave Clark, an ex Morrison director. Dave is actually my cousin!

AaronR

Glen was the bloke i went to see for the interview, nice bloke from what i remember.Had interview in the offices on Star Lane (i think it was, was on the one way system, office on the upper floor) Trucks were parked on Cliff Quay.
i recognise a few names you mentioned. Didnt Glen get the boot for fiddling tyres or something?
Met Shinny once when he was on bulker for KGB, but that was a long time ago, i did hear he works/worked for RPS at Ipswich.
I had M17 MOR, a 85 with the high roof, pulling an old tilt, i left just before they bought the 95’s and euroliners, and started doing 3 weeks away.
Ive met Michael Gardiner quite a few times, he went on to have his own truck, ended up selling it. He went to Canada a couple of yrs ago, not sure if he moved or not, havent seen him for a while.
Ben was another name i remember, big fella,we were going down the A2 to Dover one Sunday night, and he ran out of diesel about 15 mins from Dover, D’oh!
The fella with the 500bhp 95 Super Space Cab was a nice fella, )Clive?) he left after his wife died of cancer if i remember. Cant think of the name of the bloke who drove it after him, but i saw him in Britvic in Norwich the other day, hes driving a forklift now. I beleive he had his own truck for a bit then had an accident so packed up. I know Trevor ended up driving it after this bloke, its bugging me now, cant think of his name, could have been Simon?, chubby fella, bit freckly, from Lowestoft.
I did enjoy my time there, only left cos i was getting married.
SuperDave got me a job after i rang him to see if he knew if there was anything about, around 2001ish when Morrisons only had a couple of trucks, i went to work for a Dutch company, sleeping at traffic lights kinda job! (cos of the Dutch boss, not Morrisons!)
2003 i went to work for a bloke from Stowmarket working for Evo Logistics doing Germany, blinding job, i really enjoyed that, ship out Sunday with up to 5 drops round Germany, reload for UK, load plastic bottles from Beccles and home mid Friday afternoon. Boss was a nice bloke but a total muppet, (and so was his wife, you ask Dave!!)ended up buying new trucks he couldnt afford, and went pop.
My motor on Evo Logistics

i have heard a rumour you have cancelled the 2 new Dafs Aaron…
say hello to Dave and Jamie from Carl mate, theyre top blokes as far as im concerned.

wow nice bit of info there Carl! I will certainly pass it on to James and Dave. Evologistics changed to Kersey Freight because some other guy who was involved pulled out i think so Dave and James wanted a complete fresh start. Now they have built up a nice little business with 4 trucks, 12 box trailers 2 fridges and 7 skellies! We got the 2 new DAFS last june K18 & 19 KFL, they did get a quote on 2 more, but never ordered them. We got 2 ex allport spacecab XF’s as well, 56 platers which are used mainly on local-ish uk work.

We still do the same UK-GERMANY work, still do the plastic loads ex beccles too! (ive loaded our trailers there a couple of times!)

Be good to see some more photos if you have any!

Aaron

Hi Aron

say hello to the guys form me ,my name is Andy Cleveland, spent some great years working at Morrison Freight.
i have a lot of photos at home and as soon as i get a chane will post them on here.

Thought of the fellas name who works at Norwich, its Graham. Another bloke i thought of the other day was the releif driver Mick Pepper.

Mick Pepper what a star ! he lived in Halesworth, i used him to double up with me On a wednesday night once for a second trip to Berlin.
i drove down to the train, after we booked in Mick bought a bottle of Scotch from the duty free. after coming off the train mick drove to Venlo while i slept .when we changed over at Venlo i noticed the scotch bottle was empty !!!
hence i never used him again.