Mod 4 Problem

Hi all

As it says, Im having problems getting to do this. I called GTG Glasgow yesterday for any updates. Was told they had a cancellation in Edinburgh, I thought great, I’ll take that. E-mailed the usual guy I deal with when I got home from work just to confirm everything was in order. Got an e-mail back today. The guy who cancelled has uncancelled. Can they do this? I was bloody raging when I read that as I had booked a day off work and now can’t cancel it. A day wasted. I’m seriously considtering looking for another training company to get this done because I don’t think GTG can be bothered. I’ve been having to chase them constantly about this. :frowning: Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seems a strange way of going on. If I were you I’d look for an alternative. It’s not uncommon for people to do their Mod 4 with a different trainer for exactly the reasons you’ve stated.

For whatever reason, some trainers just haven’t got their heads around the Mod 4. But it’s only been around for 26 months so mustn’t expect too much I suppose!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete. I’ll be looking for an alternative. If anyone know of a trainer I can do this with on a Saturday, as its the only day I’m available now, it would be great if you could let me know. I’m not bothered about having to travel, as long as I get it done.

One possible solution for you if you can’t cancel the day off work would be to still attend the training session for the Mod 4 even if they cant book a test for the same day. Once you have the knowledge and the list of possible questions for revision you can pretty much do a test with any training provider at any location.

Unlike the driving test the location of the CPC test is irrelevant as you will not be moving the vehicle during the test (except in the unlikely possibility the examiner wants you to demonstrate a rolling brake test)

The training is key, especially the load securing trolley and I would say the prevention of illegal immigration question.

We often train the candidates on a weekend then arrange to meet them at the test centre on another day. The guys doing the driver training dont really mind the short break in training to let someone else take their Mod 4 test as it only lasts about 15 minutes (usually nearer 10 minutes)

Typically a thorough training session to fully cover all possible questions lasts about 2 - 2.5 hours depending on the number of students learning.

Hope this helps

Regards

John
Flair Training

Thanks John. Sadly I don’t get the training either. The way GTG work is they train you a couple of hours before test then straight in. They also appoint the Mod 4 on a waiting list so whoever is at the top will get a phone call say Mon to do a test Thurs, which doesn’t leave me a lot of notice at work either. If I had known this was the way they work pior to training I would have just paid for the training and done the Mod 4 elsewhere. Why can’t they make it easy lol

Kitty give lagta a call they went out there way to get me mine and there was no last min date i knew the date and the time 3 weeks before it happened , they do training at euro central and the test at livingston… :wink:

dodester:
Kitty give lagta a call they went out there way to get me mine and there was no last min date i knew the date and the time 3 weeks before it happened , they do training at euro central and the test at livingston… :wink:

Thanks Dodester. Will give them a call tomorrow. :slight_smile:

kitty have a look at these questions every one i was asked was in here flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

this is also good reference
flairtraining.co.uk/universi … ercpcmod4/

hope this helps ya gee

Yeah dump them mate and find another trainer, make sure they have also all the proper equipment ect so you can be taught properly using the cage ect. Find yourself a decent trainer who cares.

Thanks dodester. I already had the first printed out and I’ve bookmarked the second. Thanks.

Thanks brawn. I’ll be calling some other trainers today. Don’t know if I can claim any money back from GTG as I already paid for the mod 4 training and test with the cat c course. In hingsight now I should have just paid for the Cat C course. :unamused: