Module 4 CPC

Hi guys…
Can you book your module 4 cpc without going through a company?
If so what sort of material do you need to be reading…
Its only a few companies in my region (essex) want 150 for the test, inc lorry hire.
But i can book for £55 and get my own lorry so its not a problem.

Any info welcome.

Cheers blobby :smiley:

Of course you can go privately. Couple of issues to consider though. Firstly, how will you train for use of load restraints (not required on all Mod 4 tests but comes up regularly). How will you know how to conduct the checks (this comes up on every test and is, stupidly, possibly the most common cause of failure).

Finally, the vehicle has to be compliant with the minimum test vehicle regs with the exception of extra mirrors. This is being rigorously enforced. Eg, I know of someone who took their company vehicle for Mod 4 and it was refused as it had a 6 speed gearbox. The vehicle isn’t even driven on this test - but that’s the fact. So be carefull.

Frankly, it’s worth spending the money with a good trainer IMO.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the reply…
In my area they all want £250 for 4 hours training, taking a group of people up to the test centre at one time.
Just seems like a massive money making scheme.
The test itself only costs £55 and having spent £1100 pounds on the practical etc im not really wanting to spend an extra £200 to drive.
Is there any material i could look at or learn from?

Thanks

MrBlobby:
Is there any material i could look at or learn from?

flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

More downloads -
flairtraining.co.uk/university/

MODULE 4 TROLLEY

There’s little material of much use on offer.

You need to look around for trainers who have the correct training equipment and then compare their prices.

Eg, we charge £90 for the training (incl VAT) which is substantially less than the £250 you mention.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

you will find for the 250 you will get 4hours training, then the hire of truck for test and test fee aswell ive just paid 230 for my mod4. is expensive but includes all training to go along with it all