Mixed driving,tacho records

Reading in the rule book,it mentions if you have driven on anologue,and when you drive on digital,that you have to make a manual printout for the time that you have driven on analogue tacho,but if you have the proof of a a disc,why would you need to do a printout on the digital?
If one week or more on anologue,all that printing later on a digital to show what you already have in proof with the discs? :question:

toby1234abc:
Reading in the rule book,it mentions if you have driven on anologue,and when you drive on digital,that you have to make a manual printout for the time that you have driven on analogue tacho,but if you have the proof of a a disc,why would you need to do a printout on the digital?
If one week or more on anologue,all that printing later on a digital to show what you already have in proof with the discs? :question:

Don’t know what rule book you are referring to but you must not be reading it correctly.

How could you make a printout of the time spent on analogue? It’s not possible and you couldn’t even do it by making a manual entry for the period as you have no manual option for driving time. So no printout for that period. No printout required for the digital part of your day so again, no printout.

Thanks coffee,once again spot up to date info,many on here have mentioned you do not need an activity record for the last 28 days,as the UK is exempt,under EU tacho rules,we are not.

toby1234abc:
Thanks coffee,once again spot up to date info,many on here have mentioned you do not need an activity record for the last 28 days,as the UK is exempt,under EU tacho rules,we are not.

If you mean a Letter of Attestation then it isn’t required in the UK.

If not worked for the last 28 days,would vosa/police need evidence,i know in eu they will need the letter,but for the uk,how will they know,if you have been on holiday/sickness/leave/no work,etc?

toby1234abc:
If not worked for the last 28 days,would vosa/police need evidence,i know in eu they will need the letter,

No, and it isn’t many countries in the near EU that want it, just France and Spain really.

toby1234abc:
but for the uk,how will they know,if you have been on holiday/sickness/leave/no work,etc?

Because you won’t have any records. If they don’t believe you it is up to them to to prove you were working not for you to prove you weren’t.

If it is not legal for an activity letter in the uk,does that mean any eu or aetr driver does not have to show his/her last 28 days when stopped in the uk?

toby1234abc:
If it is not legal for an activity letter in the uk,does that mean any eu or aetr driver does not have to show his/her last 28 days when stopped in the uk?

They have to show records for the last 28 days if they have them. If they haven’t worked on some of those days then obviously they cannot show them. If VOSA are suspicious that they have been driving they will investigate further, such as looking at any CMR’s, ferry tickets and the like in the cab. A Letter of Attestation is good practice in the UK but not mandatory.

Thanks Coffee.

Talking of foreign trucks,the amount of bumps,dents,scratches,paint marks,black marks,on the their motors is more prevalent than on uk motors,if it dont fit through a gap or gate,do they just carry on without getting out of the cab to investigate?Seen a lot held together with tape,and that was a diesel tank?

Nurse, it is time for Toby’s medicine again :unamused:

toby1234abc:
If not worked for the last 28 days,would vosa/police need evidence,i know in eu they will need the letter,but for the uk,how will they know,if you have been on holiday/sickness/leave/no work,etc?

It is pretty much accepted that no record of work means you have not worked. This seems to work for every driver across the UK, whether they are digital or analouge… Whilst a letter might seem good advice it is not neccesary. To the best of my knowledge you have to record your working time, not make explanations for when you where not working.

Mike-C:

toby1234abc:

It is pretty much accepted that no record of work means you have not worked. This seems to work for every driver across the UK, whether they are digital or analouge… Whilst a letter might seem good advice it is not neccesary. To the best of my knowledge you have to record your working time, not make explanations for when you where not working.

They used to suggest that a man is innocent until proven guilty. That is still my belief in these matters :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike-C:
To the best of my knowledge you have to record your working time, not make explanations for when you where not working.

Exactly.