Analogue/digital question?

If you finish the week on a digi at say 14.00 on a Friday,then jump in a analogue truck untill 18.00,why do you need to tell the digital tacho when you start the new shift on Monday morning that you have worked till 18.00 on Friday night,as you have the analogue disc with you for the 28 days.
That is recording two parts of information when you have the proof of the disc if you are stopped,what is the law wording on this.

not 100% on the legal side, but i’d say don’t bother as long as you carry the cards.
but if you havn’t been pulled, then burn them.

Any thread with both Toby and Phil on has to be one to follow! :wink:

toby1234abc:
If you finish the week on a digi at say 14.00 on a Friday,then jump in a analogue truck untill 18.00,why do you need to tell the digital tacho when you start the new shift on Monday morning that you have worked till 18.00 on Friday night,as you have the analogue disc with you for the 28 days.
That is recording two parts of information when you have the proof of the disc if you are stopped,what is the law wording on this.

Simply you don’t have to as long as you have the analogue disc with you (showing correct records for your full shift) for the next 28 days, thats why the digi tacho asks if you want to make a manual entry not insists. You also dont need to keep digi printouts as long as you make manual entries the next time you work, but you should show other work at the start and end of your shift to agree with your time sheets, because VOSA have the rights to audit your companies timesheets and tacho records to make sure they match.

This was done at Wincanton a couple of years ago and a lot of drivers were fined (Wincanton had good lawyers and covered their ■■■ so they got away with it on a technicality).

Thanks,that is clearer now.

Someone tell the arse holes at our place to change the clocks on their tachos when the clocks go back/forward!!

I’m sick of changing vehicles and finding the wrong time displayed, including them being over 5 mins out each!! :imp:

VOSA pointed this out one day on my cards, there was ‘an overlap of times’. :blush:

I’ll have to double check this, but I don’t remember seeing a ‘driving’ option in the manual entries, only other work, poa and rest.

So, if you did put anything in there, it’d be fraud?

waynedl:
I’ll have to double check this, but I don’t remember seeing a ‘driving’ option in the manual entries, only other work, poa and rest.

So, if you did put anything in there, it’d be fraud?

You should not do a manual entry (on your digicard) for anything that’s recorded on the analogue chart (be it driving, other work, POA or rest/break). Think of the digicard as just another chart (albeit one that covers several days) - If you moved from one analogue vehicle to another and then back again, you wouldn’t make handwritten entries to cover driving/work that the tacho had already recorded.

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?cv1ugi

thanks rOY.

toby1234abc:
thanks rOY.

to cover yourself take a print out on the day in question and put it in the envelope with your chart
Regards Davie

You don’t need to do any printouts as all activities are recorded on either the driver card or the chart, you should do a manual entry on the back of the chart for any time not automatically accounted for whilst changing vehicles.

All good info.

tachograph:
You don’t need to do any printouts as all activities are recorded on either the driver card or the chart, you should do a manual entry on the back of the chart for any time not automatically accounted for whilst changing vehicles.

Correct but it makes life a little easier when his charts go to the analyst if a print out is in with the card as our drivers found out

thechink1968:

tachograph:

Correct but it makes life a little easier when his charts go to the analyst if a print out is in with the card as our drivers found out

Why would the analysis service not use the downloaded data, as that is the authoritative tachograph data when driving a digital tachograph equipped vehicle? Printouts only have legal standing in certain narrow contexts - notably a printout made to add an explanation or a printout made during the grace period whilst a defective card is replaced.

djw:

thechink1968:

tachograph:

Why would the analysis service not use the downloaded data, as that is the authoritative tachograph data when driving a digital tachograph equipped vehicle? Printouts only have legal standing in certain narrow contexts - notably a printout made to add an explanation or a printout made during the grace period whilst a defective card is replaced.

I’ve no idea but when we had mixed fleet of analog and digital there was lads & me included recieving advisories stating something lik all activites away from vehicle must be recorded so if I drove both in one day I would have my chart and print out so both together showed a clear picture of the days work & no more advisories came our way

If I used a digi on Monday, analogue Tuesday/Wednesday and back to digi Thurs/Friday would I have to make any kind of manual entry ?
What would be the best thing to do at the start of the Thursday shift when the digi prompts you to confirm previous finishing times when the previous 2 shifts were analogue yet the previous digi finish was before that ?
I would normally not make any manual entries on the analogue except for start/finish times.
I would confirm the previous digi finish time which was Monday (even though analogue was used twice after that) as I have the 2 discs containing the ‘missing’ Tues/Weds info which is with me if I get pulled and once handed in will be updated on the download.
If you can understand that, am I doing the right thing ?

It says ERF not RAF:
If I used a digi on Monday, analogue Tuesday/Wednesday and back to digi Thurs/Friday would I have to make any kind of manual entry ?

I would normally not make any manual entries on the analogue except for start/finish times.

Assuming the rest of the shift is accounted for on the charts that’s the correct thing to do.

It says ERF not RAF:
What would be the best thing to do at the start of the Thursday shift when the digi prompts you to confirm previous finishing times when the previous 2 shifts were analogue yet the previous digi finish was before that ?

I would confirm the previous digi finish time which was Monday (even though analogue was used twice after that) as I have the 2 discs containing the ‘missing’ Tues/Weds info which is with me if I get pulled and once handed in will be updated on the download.

Again you’re doing the correct thing and it’s exactly what I would do.

It says ERF not RAF:
If you can understand that, am I doing the right thing ?

Yes it sounds like you are doing the right thing :wink:

Forget getting infringements from the analysis company. If I employed one, and they never found any infringements I would probably sack them anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Cast your mind back to the days when we used Veeder Root and Lucas Kienzle charts in the same fleets. Did you make out two charts then with the same info?

No you didn’t, so why start now?

that is true,we read about marking the card with start and end of duty,but if stopped abroad that could be a fine,if they wanted to know that then invent a tacho that will write it for you on the back of paper charts.

I normally drive the same vehicle with a digi tacho but this week due to vehicles being serviced and LEZ deliveries I’ve been messed about a bit this week.
Today I jumped into the sister truck to mine and it would not take my digi card ! Tried a couple of other motors and non of them recognised my digi card ? The only vehicle my digi card works in is my regular truck !
Whats all that about ? Probably a faulty digi card ?
What ever it is, its a pain. I’ve got analogue discs , digi printouts and my card holding this weeks work. So much for digi cards making the job better !