minimum rest

Our lot are stocktaking this weekend and the girl in the office has got to come in at 8am but seems to think that there is a minimum amount of time that has to be taken off before she has to come back in. She has also been told that she can’t leave until it is all finished, bearing in mind it is o/t. Nothing to do with trucks but just a favour as I know some of u will know. I’ve not heard of any minimum rest but probably wrong! Cheers fellas. Hope spelling is ok, I’m on me fone! :smiley:

doe’s she drive or work in the office :question: :question: :question:

there is a minimum time your suppossed to be away from you workplace and its 11 hours, an exgirlfriend of mine used to work at an off licence and the boss was warned about the girls finishing at 11.30 in evening then coming to stock up before opening in the morning.don’t know who enforces it, could be h&s.

I’d never heard of this before until working in oz where they were quite strict on you having a 10hr break between shifts (non-driving job). From what Mr Bodd is saying we have rules like this over here, would be interested to hear what the exact law is.

just looked on direct.gov and it is 11 hours uniterupted per day, 24 hours uninterupted per week and 48 hours uninterupted per fortnight. does not apply to mobile workers and excecutives.

11 hrs■■?..better treated than us :slight_smile: Thanx for the replies guys, i know its in the wrong place but i was a bit pressed for time, they managed to get me away (nearly) on time. That clears it up so if the ‘Bosses’ want to either move or delete this, feel free

Edit:
din’t make it to clear but she finishes @ 2230/2300 and they said she gotta be back in by 0700 but replies covered it, thanks