Just a bit more advise please

been doing a multi job job last few days but think i need some advice on an hours issue.

started work at 7am this morning did around 3 hours driving and 3 hours other work, then took 45 minute break and did another 3 hours driving and 3 hours other work, then went back to the depot.

did i take enough break? if not what should i be taking in respect of breaks in this multi drop situation? trunking work is straight forward driving and breaks but multi drop is totally different so thought i`d ask some experienced chaps what they think?

is there a limit on the hours you can work in a day if you are only driving lets say 7 hours and the rest is other work?

cheers amigos

started work at 7am this morning did around 3 hours driving and 3 hours other work, then took 45 minute break and did another 3 hours driving and 3 hours other work, then went back to the depot.

did i take enough break?

LEGAL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

is there a limit on the hours you can work in a day if you are only driving lets say 7 hours and the rest is other work?

NO but you can only AVERAGE 48 hours per week over a 17 or 26 week period (depends on your agreement with boss) for the WTD - this time is made up of driving & other work only - not breaks or POA.

cool so i did take enough break then. wooo thought i was stretching it a bit too far haha. glad thats of my mind lol

cheers rog

ROG:

NO but you can only AVERAGE 48 hours per week over a 17 or 26 week period (depends on your agreement with boss) for the WTD - this time is made up of driving & other work only - not breaks or POA.

There IS A LIMIT and it’s imposed by the fact that if it’s in-scope of EU drivers’ hours then you have to fit a daily rest period - regular 11h, split 3h + 9h (or reduced 9h if available) before the end of the 24 hour period from when you commence duty.

So a 0700 start means everything has to be done by either 2000 (regular daily rest period) or 2200 (reduced or split).

You better run for cover Rog!

macplaxton:

ROG:

There IS A LIMIT and it’s imposed by the fact that if it’s in-scope of EU drivers’ hours then you have to fit a daily rest period - regular 11h, split 3h + 9h (or reduced 9h if available) before the end of the 24 hour period from when you commence duty.

So a 0700 start means everything has to be done by either 2000 (regular daily rest period) or 2200 (reduced or split).

You better run for cover Rog!

I wrongly ASSUMED that he was talking about his average day which, again, I ASSUMED would be well under a 15 hour day :blush: :blush: :blush:

you did not say how long it took you to get back to the depot after your last period of other work you would have been able ti drive for only an hour and half before taking another brake

sorry mate, that is my total time from starting work until finish work.

You were well within your hours by what you describe It may help to get a booklet or look on the internet for more information on drivers hours.The same rules apply for muti drop work as long distance or trunking :smiley: There are lots of folk on here that are very knowledgeable in such matters.I may not be the best one to help what with digital and working time directives but why not post a new heading under taco laws :smiley: good luck