working hours

This must have been asked before but I could not find it using the search function

How many hours a day can you legally work so say you drive 1,5 hours to a job than do other work and at the end of the day you have to drive another 1,5 -2 hours

just wondering as I have interview on monday but I think the job is 10-20% driving and the rest is other work so is there only a legal limit on driving ours a day before you need to take daily rest or is there a limit on other work hours as well.

Thanks,

Davy.

Min daily rest is 9 hrs 3days which means 15 total duty
Or 11hrs rest means 13hrs duty

ok thanks could have worked that out myself now you put it like that :blush:

when you say

Forcas:
drive 1,5 hours to a job

Is that commuting in your own car to your place of work :question:
OR
Have you already clocked on and being paid to do that 1.5 hours :question:

I mean 1,5 hour paid driving

and the 90 hours over 2 weeks does this only count for driving hours or driving and other work combined?

Thanks

Forcas:
and the 90 hours over 2 weeks does this only count for driving hours or driving and other work combined?

You can drive for 56 hours a week and 90 hours in any two consecutive weeks.

That’s just driving, doesn’t include other work or anything else other than driving.

I can see what you mean now …

With the driving time being so little you are wonder what other restrictions there are so …

If the driving is under EU regs then you are restricted firstly by the daily and weekly rest rules

You are also restricted by the RT(WT)R rules for the total of driving + other work done in a week or over a specified number of weeks

You also have the 6 hours work break rule and the total break rule needed if you do X amount or work in a shift

take a break at least 30 minz before every six hours thats wat i do or 15 15 then 30 cover u for 12hours

simpsonsboy:
take a break at least 30 minz before every six hours thats wat i do or 15 15 then 30 cover u for 12hours

15 MINS at or before 6 hours and then another 30 or 2 x 15 to cover for over 9 hours