Reduced daily rest

On the job i’m currently on, you get about 2 nights out a month. I started at 01.00 on monday, did 14 hrs spread and parked at 15.00. I’d had a phone call about 11.00 hrs saying they needed me back to change vehicles and do another job at 05.00hrs. This meant starting at 00.05 doing about 3.5 hrs back changing vehicles and doing about another 1.5 hrs driving. I said no, i’m taking 11 hrs off, minimum. I then had a couple of calls with subtle pressure and then text messages making subtle threats about what would happen if i wasn’t back. As it was i started at midnight, got back about 4 and told them to stick the other job. I’m on agency work and it’s a major household name company. What would you of done ?.

Caught the train, left truck where it was, but I’m a moody ■■■■■■…

Or I’d have just had 9hrs off which I do most of the time when I’m away, why would I want to spend more time than necessary in a truck stop / services?

I’d have taken a reduced rest if I had one left

do what suits you,i prefer 9 hrs at it keeps me at roughly same start time,lots dont as they feel there being stiched up when given 15 hrs so they like to ■■■■ t.o off by having 11 hrs off so cant do job down for.
as i say what suits you,

I would have taken the 9 off,so far this week ive ended up doing …

Monday 0245 – 1745 with 9.5 hrs off
Tuesday 0315 --1630 with 9 hrs off
Wednesday 0130 --1630 have 9.25 hrs off tonight as back in at 0145 tomorrow but at least i can only do a 13 and i will get an early finish friday :laughing:

You won’t get any sympathy in here with that attitude :smiley:
I would of took it if I wasn’t tired enough to need an extra 2 hours. Don’t mind doing reduced rest when I’m away anyway but really ■■■■■■ me off when at home as after travel time food shower you’re left with about 5 hours to actually sleep where as in the truck you could easily get 7+ in and feel fresher.
You tart :-p

Ex Haulier:
On the job i’m currently on, you get about 2 nights out a month. I started at 01.00 on monday, did 14 hrs spread and parked at 15.00. I’d had a phone call about 11.00 hrs saying they needed me back to change vehicles and do another job at 05.00hrs. This meant starting at 00.05 doing about 3.5 hrs back changing vehicles and doing about another 1.5 hrs driving. I said no, i’m taking 11 hrs off, minimum. I then had a couple of calls with subtle pressure and then text messages making subtle threats about what would happen if i wasn’t back. As it was i started at midnight, got back about 4 and told them to stick the other job. I’m on agency work and it’s a major household name company. What would you of done ?.

i would have taken 4 1/2 off, then I would have been half legal & cracked on wi job :smiling_imp:

wood73:

He worked more than 13 hours so was on a reduced rest regardless of how much rest he actually took.

Ex Haulier:
…did 14 hrs spread and parked at 15.00.

Coffeeholic:

wood73:

He worked more than 13 hours so was on a reduced rest regardless of how much rest he actually took.

Ex Haulier:

so makes no odds then, and t o obviously (probably) knows this.

wood73:

Coffeeholic:

wood73:

Ex Haulier:

so makes no odds then, and t o obviously (probably) knows this.

Yep.