Quick question :)

Hi could someone help me out on a question I have , I started at 8pm tonight and our company uses the 10 hour night rule so would that mean I will have to finish by 6.45 if I have my usual 45 min break . No poa is used as we load and unload the trucks ourselves. Am I right by thinking this thanks :slight_smile:

Yes.

10 hours is the WORK time, which is your O/WORK and DRIVE times. Any time spent on rest/break and POA do not count to the 10 hour rule.

HTH

Kev

Thanks for that :slight_smile:. Glad fully I finished at 5.20 so I am now at home :slight_smile:

Don’t think it’s a rule. I think it’s a mutual agreement with the workforce. And if I’m thinking of the same thing, the agreement has to be renewed every few years.

Your lorry won’t self ignite if you go over your time.

thelorryist:
Don’t think it’s a rule. I think it’s a mutual agreement with the workforce. And if I’m thinking of the same thing, the agreement has to be renewed every few years.

Your lorry won’t self ignite if you go over your time.

The 10 hours night time working time rule comes under the working time regulations and is law, not one a lot of people are particularly interested in but law none the less.

The 10 hours can be exceeded if there’s a workforce agreement in place to opt out of that part of the working time regulations, as far as I can remember the agreement should be renewed every 5 years as you say.