Microwave

Thinking i might buy a cheep microwave for the truck whats the best way to run it i asume the normal 12 or 24 volt wouldent be any good i have read something about using an anderson plug straight of the battery would that be the 12 or 24 volt side ?

Best get a decent inverter, (mine is 1500w and cost £120) then a cheap 240v microwave for £25

i have already fitted 2 normal household sockets that run directly off the 12 volt side of the battery would they take a microwave ?

bjd:
i have already fitted 2 normal household sockets that run directly off the 12 volt side of the battery would they take a microwave ?

are you talking about a standard household microwave?

shuttlespanker:

bjd:

are you talking about a standard household microwave?

Yes would that work or not by the way imm thinking i would put you on my list of trucknet members to meet allways read your posts and your a good contributor dont worry thow i wont be stalking you lol

a household microwave runs off 240 volt, you have wired up some household plugs to 12 volt

12v will not be enough power for a household microwave

there are various options that you can do if you are wanting a microwave in the cab

24v microwave, Samsung Roadmate are the better ones, but are very expensive, run them direct from the vehicle batteries, i usually run the engine in mine so that it does not knacker up the batteries

240v microwave running through an inverter, minimum 1000w inverter, the inverter will set you back from £100+, then the inverter will need professionally wiring into the truck, DO NOT PLUG IT INTO THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKET, and then there will be the microwave, can be purchased cheaply from places such as Tesco (other supermarkets are available)

Just another point a 650 w microwave will need an inverter of at least 1000w ,as the input power is a lot higher than the stated 650 w output power

1500w inverter(1000w peak) off ebay for £75 inc postage (brand new) cheap microwave from tesco (other supermarkets are available).
I did ditch the cable that came with the inverter as they were to short for where I needed to put it so add another £10 for decent heavy cable.
Total cost about £110 works great nuked a few decent meals and as an added bonus you have a decent 240volt supply available for other things.
One of our lads has the same set up and he uses a toaster for his morning breakfast!