Merc drivers, white & royal mail van drivers, women

…that’s my own personal list of the worst groups of drivers on the road. I know it’s wrong to generalize but i’m basing it on repeated observations and obviously it doesn’t mean everyone in those categories is a bad driver. Just a notable percentage.

Anyway what about you guys, do you agree or what other groups of drivers seem to do the things which annoy you most while you’re out on the road…? Incidentally truck and bus drivers in my opinion tend to be the most considerate

ps - i used to be a royal mail van driver, believe me most of those guys are deranged once they get behind a wheel. If it means finishing up 10 minutes earlier, they wouldn’t think twice about leaving u six feet under

smile!:
…that’s my own personal list of the worst groups of drivers on the road. I know it’s wrong to generalize but i’m basing it on repeated observations and obviously it doesn’t mean everyone in those categories is a bad driver. Just a notable percentage.

Anyway what about you guys, do you agree or what other groups of drivers seem to do the things which annoy you most while you’re out on the road…? Incidentally truck and bus drivers in my opinion tend to be the most considerate

ps - i used to be a royal mail van driver, believe me most of those guys are deranged once they get behind a wheel. If it means finishing up 10 minutes earlier, they wouldn’t think twice about leaving u six feet under

The worst drivers are the ones who think they know it all, they know what lane they should be in, what lane everyone else should be in, they drive at the correct speed so everyone else is either a lunatic or an idiot for going faster/slower. And finally they are suprised when they realise everybody does not drive the same as them!

Everybody, without exception, is a great driver and great at ■■■. :wink: :smiley:

Oh hell I have got no chance then. A blonde woman in a white merc horsebox. pmsl

The worst drivers are the ones who think they know it all, they know what lane they should be in, what lane everyone else should be in, they drive at the correct speed so everyone else is either a lunatic or an idiot for going faster/slower. And finally they are suprised when they realise everybody does not drive the same as them!

and take great delight in letting everyone know how good they are :exclamation:

Everybody, without exception, is a great driver and great at ■■■.

I’m a crap driver, but you can’t be really really good at everything :laughing: :laughing:

1 van drivers
2 taxi drivers
3 bus drivers

not particular in that order. though van drivers are the effin pits

1. The John Raymond Transport driver that stopped on the hardshoulder of the M5 a couple of nights ago.

Another artic had overtaken me and was just starting to pull back in when he signals right. The vehicle that was pulling in moved back into lane 2 to let him come out, which he did. What he probably didn’t see was a 3rd (or does that make it a 4th?) artic that was alongside me. :unamused:

Hasty middle pedal practice. :open_mouth:

there are good and bad in all walks of life and in my experience there are some not so professional truck drivers around today.

I remember when LORRY drivers were the Knights of the Road.

Can you say that now?

I am now a van driver, my van is written up and I am proud of it.

In my many years of driving I’ve had only one "my fault "accident and that was a stupid TV reporter reversing on a roudabout cos he had missed his turning.

My pet hate is----------------------one truck spending 20/25 minutes trying to pass another then realises he can’t and pulls back in

and -----------------trucks driving 4/6 feet behind each other

Average CAR stopping distances

60mph 73mtrs or 240 feet
70mph 96mtrs or 315 feet

can anyone say what the stopping distance is for a 40/44 tonne truck?
a little more I would think

and you call this PROFESSIONAL?

I am not perfect by any means but I think I am considerate to ALL road users

Nessa:
Oh hell I have got no chance then. A blonde woman in a white merc horsebox. pmsl

Do you move mail about in your horse box too? :laughing: Pony Express? haha

thanks a lot !!! I drive a merc e class and a white van !!!
Am I cursed ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

MrReliable:
Am I cursed ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No. Just in need of a good therapist.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There are some aweful truck drivers on the road.They are the ones glued to the vehicle infront of them,Nascar style.

As a serving Royal Mail driver I admit allot of drivers that work for this company turn into Mr Hyde when they get behind the wheel. I also have to agree with Smile! that a good number of my colleagues will do stupid things to make that little bit of extra time.

But on the whole in my experience the drivers I hate most are
Women on the school run
People towing caravans
Anyone with a powerful car and a god like complex

The worst drivers must be lorry drivers all you hear every day on the traffic is another overturned or crashed lorry.

Iam blonde - female and owned three mercs AND I pull a caravan!!

OMG :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I never realised just HOW bad I was!!!
But just for the record - My pet hate is bad road manners coupled with bad driving - from either male or female. - Trucker, vanner or car driver.
There is no excuse for it.

Nessa:

but are you

great at ■■■.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I’m currently driving a Merc…(Actros) hope that don’t count :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and am female :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Keelman Wrote:

My pet hate is----------------------one truck spending 20/25 minutes trying to pass another then realises he can’t and pulls back in

and -----------------trucks driving 4/6 feet behind each other

How do you expect trucks to pass each other when they are all restricted to 90 Kph. Keeping your momentum going on a motorway helps keep traffic moving.
If someone is trying to pass you and your in a slightly slower vehicle going up hill let the person overtaking pass you and it wouldn’t take 20 mins for him to pass.
It used to happen when we were still knights of the road, why not now? What as happened to curteous driving?

The same applies to trucks travelling a couple of metres apart. It is down to speed limiters. Different weights.
They are the most dangerous technology that has happened to trucks. There are far more accidents involving trucks now than there ever was pre limiter days.
Truckers had more control over their vehicles and were truly proffessional drivers.

i used to own a white transit van and i’m an ex-taxi driver. :open_mouth:

your all just guests on MY road…

Well folks for 5 days of the week i drive a sprinter van up and down the country and on a sunday i get to drive an artic.

I must admit i have come across some right muppet van drivers this last few years like the muppet today on the A14…but still such as life.

So when ever a van passers you on the motoway around Brum…with Alan lord plasterd all over it,you can be sure i have seen you and i won,t do anything daft :smiley: :smiley: