Medicals

Just read the article in “Trucking” on page 22 about medicals costing £38 from a company called Cotswolds Medicals that have branches throughout the country. Has anybody dealt with them before? I’ll be needing a medical for my class C provisional in the next few weeks, which is why I’m asking about this. I’d hate to travel to Doncaster and find it to be some sort of scam!

i don’t have my copy in front of me but they are also in truckstop news and they have a web address.

www.driversmedicals.com

i hope the site admin don’t mind the link, i have no connection with the company and i beleive the link will prove helpful to most drivers at some time in their career.

if you live in scunthorpe or nearby there’s a doctor does em for £20

did mine and my bros.

el gordo 78:

did mine and my bros.

I’m at New Holland mate, just down the road from Scunthorpe. Could I have the details for this doctors please?

Thanks

el gordo 78:

did mine and my bros.

Never mind a PM, put them in the useful links. This has been raised before and the link quoted is already there.

Whilst Useful Links is primarily for Web addresses, there is no reason to exclude Names/Addresses/Phone numbers of businesses providing good service at a competitive cost.

P.S. Following the problems we had with ‘Scun thorpe’ on the old forums, “ieSpell - English(UK)”, has just given me ‘Xanthippe’ as an alternative to Scunthorpe. :open_mouth: Computers :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Don’t you just love 'em. :smiley:

robinhood_1984:
Just read the article in “Trucking” on page 22 about medicals costing £38 from a company called Cotswolds Medicals that have branches throughout the country. Has anybody dealt with them before? I’ll be needing a medical for my class C provisional in the next few weeks, which is why I’m asking about this. I’d hate to travel to Doncaster and find it to be some sort of scam!

This is the doctors that we deal with. They practice all over UK, you can go on their website for details of nearest branch to you.
We are in Wakefield and they come here approx 1-2 times a month. It is definately not a scam and £5 of the cost goes to charity.
Philippa

Due to a bit of a ■■■■ up by swansea, my medical is due this year.

I have already spoken to my GP as I am now 47, my last medical was at 20 apart from the medical checks I had to have in Hospital.

I may give one of these companies a try, as I lost faith in the GP 30 years ago.

My dad had to have an HGV for his job, so he had a medical, took some lessons and then dropped dead at the wheel while doing his test :cry: He had just attempted a hill start, at least he passed the reversing bit

It would be nice if any of the cretins working in all my nearest post offices actually knew what a D2 form was instead of trying to give me a D1 car provisional application! Even the DVLA dont seem to want to send me the form I asked them for ages ago!

Don’t wish to gloat, people, but in France there is a standard charge laid down by the authorities. There is a list of docs appointed to do the job, my nearest is in the next village. He fills the form, does the medical, takes the photos from you with the money and even takes it to the post - with the stamped envelopes you provide of course. The charge is €24.40 (£16.84). €20 for the doc., the rest for the ‘permis’. Just as well as having past 60 I now need to renew every 2 years.
BTW, the med gets easier each time. From the farce 5 years ago when I had to stand on one leg with my eyes closed to prove I won’t fall over (I did, blamed it on the bunch of keys on my hip) whispering in to my covered ear to prove I can hear with the other (I couldn’t but the 2nd doctor mouthed the word ‘camion’ and mimed steering wheel actions behind his back) to the 5 minute wonder last month for a quick BP, heart listen, and eye test.
Stay healthy,
Salut, David.