Time for medical

'allo fellow truckers,1st post on this forum,i received a reminder for a medical as i turn 45 in april,what should i expect? & how much does this cost. :confused:

Standard DVLA D2 medical isn’t it?

Just a visit to your doctor, check a urine sample, answer some questions, do a heart test, eye check. Charge you a stupid amount of money then off you go! :sunglasses:

Wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.

Alex

cheers matey. :wink:

Cost varies, but around west yorks seems to be around the £80 mark.
Maybe memory is failing but don’t remember urine sample at last medical.

I most definitely had one at mine del949 and I believe its on the form under blood sugar level.

Alex

take your word for it, not wanting to argue with you!
can only think that because I have regular checks for blood sugar that doc used my existing records.

My GP wanted £80.00 :open_mouth: , when I complained about the cost they told me to go private and pay more.

I went to the’ The Winterbourne Hospital’ at Dorchester and the cost… £50.00 :smiley:

When I arrived they asked if I wanted tea or coffee, no waiting, superclean place, friendly staff.

I could have got the medical for £25 in Southampton, but by the time I took fuel costs into consideration it wasn’t worth it.

If anyone in Dorset needs a medical I would recommend this place

bmihealthcare.co.uk/hospital … EN=6616810

try here

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23685

My company pays for medicals with the company doc. Why not ask if your boss has a similar scheme?

Just had one a couple of weeks ago, nothing to it really they just ask the normal questions, how much do you drink smoke etc…Ring around, the prices vary greatly and the time you have to wait for one aswell. I rang around and the prices went from £170 down to £49, couldn’t get the lower one(no slots for ages) so had to pay £85, but it was quick and local
SMc

One tip re drinking.
Friend and workmate went for his medical and was asked how much do you drink.
He replied " nothing through the week, but at weekend I go out sat lunch, Sat night and if not working Sunday I do Sunday lunchtime as well"

referred to BINGE drinking clinic

del949:
One tip re drinking.
He replied " nothing through the week, but at weekend I go out sat lunch, Sat night and if not working Sunday I do Sunday lunchtime as well"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

del949:
One tip re drinking.

2 bottles of wine on a saturday night would be classed as that. I take my time over it and only drink one bottle per day :smiley:

Dont know why the Government cant fix a price for a medical, whereby we all pay the same amount… :unamused: …Preferably …a low one… :smiley:
Too many different charges by doctors, so a uniform set price should be the norm :unamused:

“urine sample !”

i thought the doctors just took the ■■■■, when they give you there bill ! :smiley:

when i done my medical from my provisinal entitlment…i went to a retired doctor in willenhall, next to some massage parlour if i remeber right lol…he only charged £15 my doc wanted £100…top gear hgv school put me on to him…sure it was willenhall town centre

stvme2519:
when i done my medical from my provisinal entitlment…i went to a retired doctor in willenhall, next to some massage parlour if i remeber right lol…he only charged £15 my doc wanted £100…top gear hgv school put me on to him…sure it was willenhall town centre

The £15 was for the ‘medical’ … wasn’t it :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Used to be a medical centre in Derby which offered a cheap-rate HGV medical, on London Road IIRC. Cost me £25 six years ago; paid my own GP here in Carmarthen £65 for the privelege last year. :frowning:

One other thing which no-one’s commented on; there’s a sight test so don’t forget your specs if you use them!

I wonder if one of the trucking publications would consider cutting a deal with BUPA or similar, cheap medicals in return for advertising space or suchlike?

Scarab:
I most definitely had one at mine del949 and I believe its on the form under blood sugar level.

Alex

I drunk two pints of water before mine with my GP and asked him if we can do the urine check first as I was bursting. Don’t need to he replied, I have all your records here since you were born. In that case, I am going to the loo then I told him. :laughing:

was told by medical centre the cost varies from 60 to 99 quid,so went in ,out in 25 mins spoke to lady behind desk,

THAT WILL BE £99 quid,please.

taking the ■■■■, yes, but you will need a sample and eye test,didnt do heart check,ere in doors says i aye got one?,

should be fixed price regards of where you live.ie M .O.T cost fixed,some do it cheaper.

if you can see the back of the truck in front at 56mph then you will pass the eye test.