medicals

Am i the only one to have trouble booking my medical,i phoned my surgery to be told that my doctor only does them on a thursday at 1430.The cost 90quid,so i phone around other surgeries only to be told i was not in there practice so no can do.So losing temper and patience i got the wife to book it,so know i got one next wednesday at 1630,and for good measure the price has gone up 20quid in a week to110 oh man what a rip off.

cancel that appointment!!

Book one through here pal

doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

Just realised you’re in spain, DOH :open_mouth:

Asuming this is a new driver medical, when I started out I was advised to avoid my doctor at all cost (Excuse the pun!)

Go to your local driver training and chances are they will have their own doc. A mate of mine got his C1 recently and only cost him £50 at the training centre.

You are right though about docs only working a few hours a week though!

garnerlives:
Just realised you’re in spain, DOH :open_mouth:

Good point - are you looking to do a medical in the UK? - if yes…
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK
sorry, not got any links for Spanish medicals

I pay £65 for my yearly medical at Aviation Medica, Stansted Airport, Essex.
Their website is at aviation-medica.co.uk/

I just used - Drivers Medicals. Got an appointment in Chelmsford and went to Big Yellow Storage to meet the Doctor. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: It took all of 9 minutes for the medical to be completed, urine test, eye test, blood pressure, listen to heart and lungs, check movement of limbs, check balance, answer a few questions, “Thanks Doc, see ya.”. Head home. Sorted.

thanks for your replies,and im not living in spain no more lost everything know back home just have not changed address

Well in that case A.A cancel that appointment and save yourself some cash with the links provided above :smiley:

garnerlives:
cancel that appointment!!

Book one through here pal

doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

That site has a cheek to show a map of the UK. I’m in Glasgow, where shall I book my medical on that site? :confused:

I used Drivers Medicals the last time. It cost £49.49 IIRC and they had three places in Scotland (all Glasgow strangely, but it was only 45 mins from my house). As said above it was in and out as quick as they could move us along, nice and stress free. My local surgery wanted £189 and that was almost a year ago!

I’ll add my voice to booking one online.

Did mine last year, and had to go to the top side of Leeds, but saved about £80 on what my GP wanted to charge.

Ken.

Recently had my medical, it cost £65 when I was quoted £105 at my medical centre. I had it at Norwich Airport by these people examinair-norwich.co.uk/

Coffeeholic:
I just used - Drivers Medicals. Got an appointment in Chelmsford and went to Big Yellow Storage to meet the Doctor. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: It took all of 9 minutes for the medical to be completed, urine test, eye test, blood pressure, listen to heart and lungs, check movement of limbs, check balance, answer a few questions, “Thanks Doc, see ya.”. Head home. Sorted.

So the retirement didn’t last long, another diary perhaps :laughing:

Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in.

Ring around all the local Doctors surgerys and get the best price, thats what I did , can’t remember how much I paid iirc it was about £50…The prices do vary greatlly.

Still only £30 in Stoke for the full Monty!