Medical

I have to take my medical to renew my licence (age 45 - :unamused: ). My doc is going to charge £108 :open_mouth: . If I remember right there is a group of doctors working out of Scunthorpe who charge only about £30. Does anyone here have any info on them. It would be much appreciated :slight_smile: Ta.

try here

Thanks for the quick reply Johnny. I’ve made the appt for this thursday and it only costs £38 :slight_smile: Goes to show how our local docs are making a quick buck :unamused:

penfold:
Thanks for the quick reply Johnny. I’ve made the appt for this thursday and it only costs £38 :slight_smile: Goes to show how our local docs are making a quick buck :unamused:

Tell me about it… I had my medical 2-3 years back, cost of £75 and had to go out of surgery hours, it went like this…

how heavy are you?
can you read that eye chart? not asked to he just took my word for it
ever had heart disease?
ever had breathing problems?
got any back problems?

right you need to sign each page next to my (the doctor) signature and that will be £75 please sir

it was all over in less than 5 minutes, god forbid!!!

TC Trans, OH NO, thats totally out of order, not only a rip off, but what if there had been something wrong with you, I got picked up for having sugar in my urine, had to have a blood test.
A HGV/PSV medical should be very thorough, everything should be checked out.
My last medical lasted about half an hour, and was very thorough, and I should know, I used to be a nurse and a medic in the Army and used to do loads of medicals with the Doctors.
On one medical, I even picked up one soldier that was effectively blind in his right eye, never been sussed before.
That stopped his career though

That’s outrageous. In France only certain doctors are designated and the rate is set by law. €24 (about £16), 20 for the doc and the rest for the licence which the doc organises for you, you just leave him the paperwork and a stamped envelope.

Salut, David.

johnny:
try here

Had a look at their website.Only branch in Scotland is in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ :open_mouth:
400 mile round trip for a medical,I don’t think so.Will just have to pay my doctor. :cry: :cry: :cry:

On same subject but slightly off topic,my renewal arrived yesterday. On the back of the envelope was printed “If undelivered do not return to sender”. So what happens to them if they aren’t delivered? The forms inside have my name,address and driver number(which is made up from my birthdate),which is a good start for identity theft.Not particularly good practice for a government agency,I would have thought.