Cheap medical?

Better get my skates on and take my medical ,and send off for provisional . I understand there are companies/ doctors that do the test cheaper than the £60 odd my quack is asking for?
Anybody have any links/contact details for such a place?

Cheers

Perhaps driversmedicals.com can do it cheaper?

my daughter did hers with Cotswolds medicals ( driversmedicals.com) cost £39

usually done at a bus station :wink: although the nearest one to us (Taunton) had no doctor so it meant a trip to weston :exclamation:
had to go xmas shopping at the same time :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
(it was in december)

The other option is if you have mates that are a member of Golf/Rugby/cricket clubs etc ask them if they have any doctors on the team :wink:

At the end of the day it’s only beer money to them, most put an over inflated price in as they dont really want to do it as they probably have to fit it in with a busy surgery etc. when they could be treating sick people instead.

Guy who did mine had a private clinic that did cosmetic stuff, botox etc charged me £33.

So long as they’re a qualified medical doctor they can do it, even if they’re retired.

Out of interest does anyone know if say a French Doctor can sign it? France being EU and all? I have a friend who qualifies in just over a year, could be handy when mine comes up for renewal :laughing:

So what is the procedure for getting my licence?

1. Get relevent forms? From Post Office? Or Training School?

2. Have medical

3. Apply for and take theory test

4)THEN book up for training?

If it is, then once I have done the above and , hopefully , passed my Class 2 ,can I then jump straight onto Class 1 training? Or do I need another tick on the licence ,another medical and another theory test?

Hi mate I got mine done by the Dr @ CTT in Wolverhampton www.centraltransporttraining.co.uk for £28 :laughing: mine Quack wanted £90 :open_mouth:

SalTheWop:

you can download the medical form (D4)HERE

and order the licence app form (D2) HERE

or pick them up at a post office

1. Have medical

2. Apply for and take theory test

yep, or your training school may do it for you - might cost though - ask them :wink:

If it is, then once I have done the above and , hopefully , passed my Class 2 ,can I then jump straight onto Class 1 training? Or do I need another tick on the licence ,another medical and another theory test?

your C ( class 2) licence counts as a provisional for C+E (class 1) so no more medicals or theory tests :laughing:

SalTheWop:

2. Have medical

AFAIK the forms D2 and D4 (medical) are no longer available from the post office, the DVLA can provide them and so should a driving school. Once you pass your class 2 and your licence is returned with the provisional CE (class 1) on, you can start training. No further medical or theory.

Thanks for the links to the forms. So I can just print out the D4 form and give that to the Doc? Its OK to use a copy?

SalTheWop:
Thanks for the links to the forms. So I can just print out the D4 form and give that to the Doc? Its OK to use a copy?

did that for my daughter and she got her provisional ok :slight_smile:

AFAIK the forms D2 and D4 (medical) are no longer available from the post office

Well if you have decent one they can get them for you. smaller branches wont bother stocking them but bigger ones will.

2. Have medical

1. get forms,
  2. Have medical
  3. wait for licence to come back.
  4. have an assesment drive
  5. THEN book and take the theory.
  6. when you’ve passed that book your training.

It helps with the theory if you can get a go behind the wheel, as it’ll help you understand a few of the questions better. the DSA recomend doing this.

Also get yourself the focus CD-ROM and practice the hazard perception bit.

dennisw1:
Also get yourself the focus CD-ROM and practice the hazard perception bit.

Yeah, I’d recommend doing this, just so you’ve got an idea what it’s about.

I’ve just took my theory test & I think the hazard perception test can be tricky if you’ve already got a driving licence because the hazards aren’t as obvious to you because you’re used to dealing with them every day.

dennisw1:

1. get forms,
  2. Have medical
  3. wait for licence to come back.
  4. have an assesment drive
  5. THEN book and take the theory.
  6. when you’ve passed that book your training.

It helps with the theory if you can get a go behind the wheel, as it’ll help you understand a few of the questions better. the DSA recomend doing this.

Stupid question, how do you get an assesment drive?
Just ordered my provisional forms and printing off the medical forms :smiley:

DAF95XF:
Stupid question, how do you get an assesment drive?
Just ordered my provisional forms and printing off the medical forms :smiley:

Just ring up a HGV driving school. They vary from around £20 upwards.
I had mine on Friday :smiley:

most round here do the assesment for free.

You just ring up asking about a course and most of them will take you on an assesment to see how many lessons they think you’ll need and well TBH so they can tell if you’re a complete ■■■■■■ behind the wheel or not.