Medical

Can anyone who has just had their medical give me a rundown on the procedure.

ie take your blood pressure
do the eye test pee in a bottle etc etc

How long does it take?

Just making sure I know what is coming so I can relax a little ank keep the blood pressure down (not that I have high blood pressure, touch wood)

Cheers

Richard

STEP 1
Have a medical to prove you are physically fit to drive a Large Goods Vehicle using Form D4 of the pack (obtainable from various driving schools).
Download the 8 page D4 Medical FormUsing this Link Please print and take to your GP if you have the facilities at home or work.
Please contact your GP or visit www.driversmedicals.com who can provide low-cost medical examinations.
THIS LINK will take you to a list of some cheap medical places around the UK.

DanH:
Ive been asked to go to a medical soon, what does that involve then?

rob1234:
hi dan not long done the medical heart ,eyes, blood pressue ect ,paid £100 then found i could have got it done for £50 from a place in runcorn so shop around trukuk do a package give them a call if you life near bolton warrington,rob

ROG:

DanH:
Ive been asked to go to a medical soon, what does that involve then?

Ever been through a medieval torture chamber :question: :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

… well, it’s nowt like that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can you read this eye chart :question:
let me wack this thing on your knee :exclamation:
are you breathing :question:
does your heart pump blood :question:

that’s it you’re ok :slight_smile:

Ok, it is a bit more than that but not much.

It’s quite a thorough examination.

I had to use a different doctor to my own before my last one.

She asked me about my drinking habits and the DVLA sent me to the drug dependancy clinic in Birmingham.

The consultant asked me why I had been sent. I said it was something to do with my drinking levels. He then chucked me out saying what a waste of tax payers money sending me to see him. Remarking that having a few jars is not the same as drinking a bottle of whisky a day.

My last one,with my own doctor was £40, if you knock a few quid off for my daughters driving lessons :wink:

RUBY:
How long does it take?

I’ve had three medicals so far.
My first medical was when I got my first truck licence back in 1979, but that one has now been overtaken by newer requirements.

I had another medical when I reached the age of 45 and yet another when I reached the big 50.
These were of the same duration as each other at around 20 - 25 minutes apiece.

There’s not really anything to worry about in having a medical, it’s a pretty straightforward procedure. :wink:

Thanks for that fellas.
Sounds quite straight forward.
Cheers
Richard

The medicals vary so much between different doctors, but to be fair if there is anything wrong with you, it would be better to have it sorted out.

The main thing is Hypertension caused by driving lorries :stuck_out_tongue:

There is also quite a strict test of ■■■■■■■ in a plastic bottle and lobbing it into the hedge through the receptionists window :wink:

Wheel Nut:
There is also quite a strict test of ■■■■■■■ in a plastic bottle and lobbing it into the hedge through the receptionists window :wink:

With or without the top on it :question: :question: :wink: :laughing: