medical?

hi, got my medical tommorow :frowning: can anyone tell me what they test for? (fancy a beer tonite but dont know if it will affect the urine test)

got it through a company called doctors on wheels, they do a mobile service and the good thing for me is they do saturdays so i dont need any time off work :smiley: (anyone heard of them?)

weekday cost was £47 and saturday is £57 rang on tuesday, confirmation and specimin bottle arrived today.

Welcome Darmy

I had my medical done today, they do do a urine test but im not sure about the alcohol part…
You can expect what the papers say, nothing more, nothing less to be honest!

Hope it all goes well!

Doctors on wheels is on here http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19955so i presume that this community of drivers recommend them! Dont quote me on that though :wink:

I beat ROG, such an achievement :stuck_out_tongue:

I beat ROG, such an achievement

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :laughing:

if you have got a medical tomorrow dont have too many beers tonight. it will raise your blood pressure and you could fail on that.

its an old trick they used to use in the navy (dont need to now were all fitties! NOT) to get out of certain jobs, if you had a medical for a job you didnt want to do you just went out the night before and got drunk. high blood pressure= cant pass medical = cant do the job. simple!

good luck with the medical though!

passed :smiley:

woohoo :laughing: :laughing:

did you have a few beers last night?

well done mate.

now comes the easy part of remembering 1001 things and staying safe! :laughing:

only joking mate, its not that bad.

good luck with your driving. when do you intend to do it?

na did not have any beers but will tonite :sunglasses: just been revising for my theory test, got the “dsa hazzard perception dvd” and “the official theory test for drivers of large vehicles” cd rom.
theres lots to remember, did better on the hazzard perception so will keep studying till im ready and my licence comes back. but hopefully with in the next few weeks i will be ready.
then i will decide who to have training with :question:

darmy:
na did not have any beers but will tonite :sunglasses: just been revising for my theory test, got the “dsa hazzard perception dvd” and “the official theory test for drivers of large vehicles” cd rom.
theres lots to remember, did better on the hazzard perception so will keep studying till im ready and my licence comes back. but hopefully with in the next few weeks i will be ready.
then i will decide who to have training with :question:

good luck mate and also i would advise getting hold of a copy of this

amazon.co.uk/Official-Guide- … 64&sr=1-15

its a good reference even for when you are driving and finished your test. it explains a lot of things a hell of a lot better than just the questions and answers in the test questions book. there are quite a few good tips in there that arent covered in the official theory books!

I have that book aswell! Well worth the few quid! I managed to get a “truckers handbook” full of useful information :slight_smile: