Medical

Hey Guys,

Its me again, as I have found a company who will put me through my PCV, I am getting started with my provisional and as my last medical for HGV was over a year ago I, as you know have to redo it :frowning:

Just wondered if anyone from Stoke-on-Trent or Crewe area knew where the cheapest place is to do this?

Last time I did it was in Wales and got it done for ÂŁ55.

Thanks

Gareth

Also does anyone know how legit these people are?

driversmedicals.com/

Www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk do medicals in Stoke for ÂŁ51.00

burnie1:
http://Www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk do medicals in Stoke for ÂŁ51.00

Have you used them yourself? If so are they any good? :stuck_out_tongue:

Have my medical booked for next week, what to expect? , how long does it take ? , do you get the answer there and then, sorry for all the questions.

When I had my medical, they asked me some medical history (heart conditions and similar) and then took my blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, did an eye test (keep your head straight and follow my hand with your eyes… no, don’t move your head, just your eyes… no chris, you need to keep your head still and move your eyes to follow my hand)… and then she had me do a pee test to check for something, but I can’t remember what… then she filled out the paperwork and charged me £100…

The usual medical stuff, blood pressure, eyesight using a Snellen chart (one of these)

Peripheral vision test. They ask you how much alcohol you drink, if you have any mental health problems (to which the answer is "Of course I do otherwise I wouldn’t be wanting to drive a truck).

Urine test is for diabetes.

Then finally, the “wallet biopsy” :wink:

It’s not very strict, basically if you can stand up and pump blood then you should be fine.