Do we get a reminder if a medical is due :question: :question:

Only if you’re approaching 50 ROG :wink:

(or 45 and every 5 years after really )

Denis F:

ROG:
Do we get a reminder if a medical is due :question: :question:

Only if you’re approaching 50 ROG :wink:

(or 45 and every 5 years after really )

OK, who told you :question: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wouldn’t you be ‘reminded’ because when it comes to renewing your licence you’ll be asked for a completed medical form anyway?

tallyman:
Wouldn’t you be ‘reminded’ because when it comes to renewing your licence you’ll be asked for a completed medical form anyway?

I was last time but have had nowt this time :confused: :confused: :confused:

I emailed DVLA and was given the following as a reply -

Thank you for your email.
A reminder form inviting you to renew your LGV/PCV entitlement will be posted to the address that currently shows on your Driving Licence approximately 3 months before the expiry date.
If you currently hold a paper style driving licence you will need to complete the D47 application form and return it to DVLA along with your paper licence, one colour passport sized photo, the relevant identity documents, the D4 Medical Report (a medical is only needed if 1 year has elapsed since you submitted the last medical).
From 1 March 2004, no fee is required with an application to renew LGV/PCV entitlement.
If you currently hold a photo style licence you will need to complete the D47 form and return it to DVLA along with both parts of your photo licence, the D4 Medical Report (a medical is only needed if 1 year has elapsed since you have submitted the last medical).
From 1 March 2004, no fee is required with an application to renew LGV/PCV entitlement.
If for any reason the reminder forms do not arrive you will need to obtain the forms D2 and D4 available from DVLA, local offices, Vehicle Operators Services Agency, Traffic Area Offices.
A D2 application form will replace the D47 form.
Kind regards
Lynne Hodgetts
www.direct.gov.uk/motoring

It comes along with the information pack on how to fit one of these to your cab…

snigger snigger

I suppose they might work OK on a Magnum?!

Alex

There was a thread about cheap medicals a while back, but I can’t find it :frowning:
has anyone got a link please? It’s the big 45 for me anarl this year :cry:

renaultman:
There was a thread about cheap medicals a while back, but I can’t find it :frowning:
has anyone got a link please? It’s the big 45 for me anarl this year :cry:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23685

I hope you get one with warm hands!

Another 22 years to go for me :wink:

Alex

Theres a place in cannock that does medicals for £25 . where i got mine done :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a numpty moment :blush: :blush:
I decided to check the date on my licence and it says LGV expirey is August this year :confused: :confused: - 3 months after my birthday :exclamation: :exclamation: - dunno why - I passed my HGV1 back in 88.

I cannot seem to find a cheaper medical in LEICESTER than £47 - anyone know of one :question: :question: :question:

ROG:
I decided to check the date on my licence and it says LGV expirey is August this year :confused: :confused: - 3 months after my birthday :exclamation: :exclamation: - dunno why - I passed my HGV1 back in 88.

I cannot seem to find a cheaper medical in LEICESTER than £47 - anyone know of one :question: :question: :question:

drivers medicals have leicester on their list :sunglasses:

try doing a search on here for cheap medicals

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

ROG:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

already done searches but still looking for medical under £47

how long can i let my license lapse for before i cant get it back?
is it still 3 years or has it gone down to 2 as i was told the other day.
my medical was due in september 07

biggusdickusgb:

not sure - DVLA & MEDICAL 01792 782341

biggusdickusgb:

if you find out let us know will you?

it will be handy to know

another one to stick in your book rog
answer = no time limit
just take the medical, and as soon as the doc signs it as a pass i can get back behind the wheel of a wagon.
though for some reason he kept mentioning c + e entitlement, i told him i didn’t need either of them as i had a class 1 :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Denis F:

ROG:

already done searches but still looking for medical under £47

they’ve put their prices up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it was £38 when my daughter did her medical a couple of years ago

course it would be less than £47 if you were VAT registered :wink:

Just had a quick Google and found a doctors in Brewood,Staffs that does medicals for £30.

http://www.hgv-medicals.co.uk

telephone 01902 851636.

Anybody used this place? I need a medical very soon and its not too far from me. Lot cheaper than my doctors in Nuneaton which is £100 plus.

Calv

still got another good 25yrs to go for mine…thats if there still a haulage industry around then :laughing: