medical renewal

Hi guys,

I am new to hgv driver and i just want to know how will i know if my medical has expiry? I know its every 5 years

Just curious, just encase i forget to renewal in the future

Michael

its on your licence

you’ll get a reminder in the post

A renewal normally arrives in the post 5/6 weeks prior to your licence expiry. Don’t worry about it just let things take their normal course.

nick2008:
its on your licence

I don’t see it on my licence,

22.09.14 - 27.02.35, that’s 20 years time… or you mean on different licence i bet?

On the front at 4b if you have C or C+E and on the back next to the same groups.

How old are you now?

ROG:
How old are you now?

I am 25

weeto:
On the front at 4b if you have C or C+E and on the back next to the same groups.

Thanks found it :slight_smile:

mzeros:

ROG:
How old are you now?

I am 25

Well 20 years time then! Relax, you’ll probably have forgotten this conversation by then.

mzeros:

ROG:
How old are you now?

I am 25

Happy Birthday, I know it was 17 days ago but better late than never. :smiley:

You’ll be on the new system before then, when your licence gets renewed you’ve got to ‘self declare’ every 5 years and renew licence every 5 years, then around your 45th birthday you’ll need a medical.

I think that’s right? :grimacing:

At age 25 your next D4 medical will be at age 45

Not sure if these days you are subject to the 5 yearly self assessment medical where you simply state that you are medically fit to drive LGVs … perhaps others can confirm or deny this :question:

Photo will need renewing every 10 years even if it states earlier in section 4b on the licence