Maybe a different medical Q

Hi all, just fishing, if you are the holder of an HGV licence and a PSV licence, do you only need to have 1 medical to renew at 45 and will DVLA only require 1 medical form to renew both licences, your help will be appreciated.
dont post much as not involved as much now, i driver a taxi, but was out on the M74 upto larkhall with a load of straw on in a black DAF 105 xl if any one saw me.
If this is in the section please move it thanks.

The one medical will cover both - one form :smiley:

Cheap Medicals

Rog is correct, as long as the licences to be renewed are to be renewed at the same time or are not more than four weeks apart, later than four weeks you will have to get a second medical for the later one, my hgv was renewed in sept and my Psv was in october so I had to have two medicals,

hptruck:
Rog is correct, as long as the licences to be renewed are to be renewed at the same time or are not more than four weeks apart, later than four weeks you will have to get a second medical for the later one, my hgv was renewed in sept and my Psv was in october so I had to have two medicals,

A medical for one will count for the other if within 12 months according to the DVLA who I asked about this issue approximately 3 months ago :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This usually occurs when going for a new licence.

When both licences D & C are held then the latest medical counts for both

hi cheers for that, but doesnt HGV and PSV run out the same time ie the day before your 45th birthday?
The reason for the question is i will be renewing HGV and taxi licence, some councils say your excempt from taxi medical as you needed it to renew HGV anyway so dont bother with it as long as your HGV/PSV is valid as most councils insist on a group 2 medical, but i dont think council i licence through do this but i want some ammo to make them change there minds.
got quoted £90 for each medical form so £180 to renew both, what a rip off.

Thanks

ajdavis64:
got quoted £90 for each medical form so £180 to renew both, what a rip off.

did you check out the cheap medical thread link I posted :question:

ajdavis64:
but doesnt HGV and PSV run out the same time ie the day before your 45th birthday?

YES

Hi i did, even got a price to fill the other form, will cost an extra £5 so a total of £54, but will be speaking to the licencing dept tomorrow and asking if they will accept that if my HGV licence is renewed i wont need to do the taxi medical, as at the end of the day if i am fit to driver trucks, i am fit to drive anything really.