HGV licence has run out

Hi, Good to see a lot of same names since I was last on here.
My question is I am 46 and stupidly did not Renew my licence when I needed a medical at 45 as I am in different career. I now want to do some Agency work in my spare time. How do I stand ? Can I have a medical and get going again or would I have to resit a Test to drive Hgvs again ?
Thank you in advance for answers, I am getting contrasting answers elsewhere.

Just a medical is required; no re-test.

Like what he said

Welcome back to the fold

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the quick replies chaps. That’s great news and a relief now for Medical. Can you still get it for around £40 in Ashford does anyone know ?

ruddio:
Thanks for the quick replies chaps. That’s great news and a relief now for Medical. Can you still get it for around £40 in Ashford does anyone know ?

£40 :open_mouth:

driversmedicals.com/

I’ve used these chaps no problem usually a retired GP doing them for a few quid to top up his pension …

Remember you need 35 hours of periodic dcpc by 09/09/2014 if you wish to continue driving commercially after that date

Thanks again everyone and after medical do I send my licence off to be updated ?

ruddio:
Thanks again everyone and after medical do I send my licence off to be updated ?

The D4 form and both parts of your licence must all be sent together to DVLA

I just did the exact same - had the medical in September, took everything to the local DVLA office who checked everything out and got it all back within 11 days. £19 for the digicard & £52 for the medical.

If or hopefully when I pass the Medical can I register with Agency and start driving straight away or do I have to wait for updated Licence to come back ?

ruddio:
If or hopefully when I pass the Medical can I register with Agency and start driving straight away or do I have to wait for updated Licence to come back ?

Agency will want to see both parts of a current valid licence before they let you drive