hgv medical.

Do they still send out reminders/forms for medicals/licence renewal. Mine is up just before christmas and not heard anything yet, so was wondering do I need to get a form from somewhere myself.Also can I still get it done at one of these cheapo doctors or do I now have to use my own doctor and get a mortgage to pay for it.

Download / print from here then book at cheepo dr and your done

gov.uk/government/publicati … ng-licence

Any doctor can do a D4 - in Leicester I can get one for £50 but there are cheaper around d4medicals.com/clinic-locations/leicester/

What is the date next to the category C on your licence :question:

ROG:
Any doctor can do a D4 - in Leicester I can get one for £50 but there are cheaper around d4medicals.com/clinic-locations/leicester/

What is the date next to the category C on your licence :question:

21-12-17. So better get a shift on me thinks.

My form arrived a couple of weeks before my licence expired but I had already ordered one from DVLA as I was getting worried. However they were both wordered slightly differently for some reason but the Doctor picked the best one. Then I thought the Doctor would do the eye test as he always had in the past…WRONG, so I had to visit the optician as well even though I don’t wear specs for driving! :unamused: Anyway last month, almost eleven months later when I had almost given up, my new licence finally arrived so I will have had almost two years before renewal next time! :laughing: Maybe I had better send for it now, it runs out again next October!! :wink:

Pete.

Usually the licence runs for 5 years from the date of issue

£50, iv had to book mine for next week, £132 the doc told me.

ROG:

Not when you are aged 67 though.

Pete.

Concretejim:

£132! £50 with doctors on wheels. My gp wanted £120.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

windrush:

ROG:

Not when you are aged 67 though.

Pete.

True - annually at that age

Did you realise that your age is the same as the current number plate :question: :laughing:

IronEddie:

Concretejim:

£132! £50 with doctors on wheels. My gp wanted £120.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mine wanted £150 CASH…NO receipt :blush:

Cheeky [zb] gripped me in a local restaurant the other weekend and wanted to know why I wasn’t using him… :unamused:

Talking about the cost, my Doctor doesn’t charge me as I haven’t driven a LGV for 15 years and I am also my wifes carer so will never drive for a living again, I only keep the licence on incase any of my pals ever need a vintage truck moving from A to B plus it could be usefull if I ever buy a large motorhome etc. He was amazed that the actual surgery charge was £70 for just filling a form in, he reckoned it was a rip off! He was even more amazed when I told him that a surgery only a few miles away charged £130! Surely there should be some sort of a Government guideline as to what the charges should be, it appears to me that surgeries can charge what they like? :confused:

Pete.

Doctors on wheels,mobile van,done in two minutes, read out a sight chart in the back of the van, they do weekends .
I use them, good service.

windrush:
He was amazed that the actual surgery charge was £70 for just filling a form in, he reckoned it was a rip off!

He probably did think it was a rip off given you lied to him about what you’re actually paying for. It isn’t just filling in a form though is it? You are paying for a set of medical tests to be carried out and 77 questions to be answered as well as additional information to be provided covering several pages of a form.

The way you no doubt described it was as if it were just a quick form to fill in, stamp and send off.

toby1234abc:
Doctors on wheels,mobile van,done in two minutes, read out a sight chart in the back of the van,

So its not a proper medical then. Maybe that explains why there are so many bad accidents.

Conor:

windrush:
He was amazed that the actual surgery charge was £70 for just filling a form in, he reckoned it was a rip off!

He probably did think it was a rip off given you lied to him about what you’re actually paying for. It isn’t just filling in a form though is it? You are paying for a set of medical tests to be carried out and 77 questions to be answered as well as additional information to be provided covering several pages of a form.

The way you no doubt described it was as if it were just a quick form to fill in, stamp and send off.

How do you make out that I was lying? :confused: It was a full medical (apart from the eyesight test) which took 40 minutes from begining to end, exactly the same as anyone else would have, but at the end of the day it was time mostly spent filling in a form which he (not me) thought shouldn’t be that expensive! He knows my situation, he is a partner in the practice and has been my doctor for 20+ years and has done my LGV medicals since I was 45 but wasn’t aware what the charges are as admin deals with that side of things. He sees me several times a year to sort my medication out, and I was quite prepared to pay the going rate for it. So I’m not sure which part of it I actually lied about?

Pete.

Forms arrived in post today, medical booked, 48 quid Stoke on trent.

I have mine in lincoln tomorrow.

Thankyou trucknet, youv just saved me £82.

dowahdiddyman:
Forms arrived in post today, medical booked, 48 quid Stoke on trent.

Hi,
Medical Leeds 9/11/17 12.15pm.£55.00.
Posted Leeds 9/11/17 12.43pm (signed for £1.75p).
Arrived swansea 10/11/17 signed 8.08am.
New licence arrived 16/11/17 14.00pm.

Cheers Malc.