medical renewal

could someone tell me if the dvla write to you when your medical is due or do you have to keep an eye on the date yourself.

many thanks
neil

I dont think they write to you Neil!

They expect you to know when your birthday is :stuck_out_tongue:

Not always though, I was 45 last year but my licence is valid till 2006 before a medical is needed.

Some glitch in the system caused it, so I have a letter from the DVLA with my licence

Yes, they write to you and send a medical form.

My renewal is due in mid-september and I received my renewal notice and medical form at the end of last week. I am having my medical on friday and it`s going to cost £60.

Hope this helps,

Vince

They wrote to me, with a form to fill in.

MANY THANKS

Neil, Ask Les Parker, he knew a cheap doctor for HGV medicals

Just a quick postscript to say that I took and passed my medical today.

Doc said I was very fit and healthy- for my age :cry: :cry: :cry: - although I could do with losing a little weight (I have put on just over a stone in weight since I stopped smoking).

I had to wear my glasses to reach the required standard in my weaker eye though, and this means that I will have to wear glasses all the time when driving heavies, despite to fact that they do not help me at all when driving- they simply help me to read a Snellen chart from 3 metres, something I am rarely called upon to do at work!

I wish I had worked as hard at school as Doc did, `cos I could do with being able to earn £60 for 20 minutes work! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince