Maps again

yes, i’ve searched the archives, lots of stuff written about them but but mostly out dated now.

I urgently need a new bridge height map as my last one, 4 or 5 years old, is falling to bits. (as well used ring bound tend to do).

It was bought direct from the RHA at the Haydock Truck Festival & was under their own colours.
Included lots of town plans… very useful.

Having done some research, it appears it is no longer available and there’s very little choice of what to replace it with :cry:

Being a holiday relief driver using a different unit almost every week, weight is an issue. Therefor the AA Close Up one, which appears excellent, is out the equation.

Q1.Does the standard AA truckers Atlas have more than just London, Birmingham, Manchester city maps?

Q2. Any other ideas?

looking for omething about 3 or 3.5 miles to 1 inch.

thanks guys.

he, he, that’s my 1st ever pic inclusion on TN, feeling pleased with myself now :laughing: :laughing: sorry its a bit dark.

just had a quick look in mine and it has london, manchester, glasgow, newcastle, birmingham!!

not a bad bridge map… had it while now

chris_scott:
just had a quick look in mine and it has london, manchester, glasgow, newcastle, birmingham!!

not a bad bridge map… had it while now

thanks chris. I assume you mean the standard AA one?

its the aa truckers atlas… and i also have the up close aa truckers atlas, that weighs a ton!

has cafes, 7.5 ton limits and low bridges!

What about the one produced by the FTA?, priced at £20
www.shopfta.co.uk

www.rha.net/hauliers-shop only stock the AA Truckers Atlas.

Kate:
www.shopfta.co.uk

can’t find it Kate. Only the wall route planning & post code maps. Can you link me directly to it?

RHA only stock the AA Truckers Atlas.

I know that :laughing:

Driveroneuk:

Kate:
www.shopfta.co.uk

can’t find it Kate. Only the wall route planning & post code maps. Can you link me directly to it?

www.rha.net/hauliers-shop only stock the AA Truckers Atlas.

I know that :laughing:

This link is the catalogue
rha.net/hauliers-shop/index_ … 1/download

I think kate is refering to the map on page 8 witch is £18.95 but there is a min order of £30 for mail order.

Driveroneuk:
Having done some research, it appears it is no longer available and there’s very little choice of what to replace it with :cry:

Bugger, I’ve just left mine under the bed of a hire unit that’s gone back !!!

Kate. A link to the FTA £20 map you mentioned i meant.

Maybe just like the RHA one, they don’t do it any more.

Driveroneuk:
Kate. A link to the FTA £20 map you mentioned i meant.

Maybe just like the RHA one, they don’t do it any more.

shop.fta.co.uk/pc-400-8-truckers-atlas.aspx

it’s the AA close up one with a different cover :wink:

bought mine off amazon with bridge heights think it cost £12.00

peterq5422:
bought mine off amazon with bridge heights think it cost £12.00

But which one is it, and is it any good :question: :question: :question:

Thanks Denis, I’d looked under “maps” rather than “Books”.

That’s quite obviously the AA Close Up one. (available well under £20 elsewhere).

Deleted due to being a tad slow…

When my bridge hieght map fell apart my wife went to an office supplies place and bought three books (for want of a better description) with clear plastic sleeves. I spent an hour putting the maps in the sleeves now I have a map book that will last years.

knight:
When my bridge hieght map fell apart my wife went to an office supplies place and bought three books (for want of a better description) with clear plastic sleeves. I spent an hour putting the maps in the sleeves now I have a map book that will last years.

And I bet she spent the money you gave her on a 'air do :wink:

Driveroneuk:
s, I’d looked under “maps” rather than “Books”.

That’s quite obviously the AA Close Up one. (available well under £20 elsewhere).

sorry simon its the aa one and i rate it fairly highly!

ciao.co.uk/AA_Close_up_Truck … g__6751435

scottishcruiser:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/AA_Close_up_Truckers_Atlas_Britain_AA_Atlases_AA_Publishing__6751435

Some good prices for that one there SC thank you, BUT…

Being a holiday relief driver using a different unit almost every week, weight is an issue. Therefor the AA Close Up one, which appears excellent, is out the equation.