Which maps tell you

About low bridges?? I have just bought a AA truckers Britain map which is handy but also going to need maps for local towns ie: Glasgow, Stirling and most of North Scotland… I was told Collins offered the low bridges but when at WHSMITH the Collins BRITAN map didnt have low bridges, only the AA one I purchased…

Anyone got a definite answer as Glasgow upwards is hellish for low bridges…

I use both a Truckers Atlas for the bridge heights and a good Collins one which has city centre mapping for most large Town/Cities and blown up urban area maps.
The Truckers Atlas to me is only good for bridge heights the rest of it is crap,hence the Collins one :wink:

They do a Close Up Truckers Atlas too,dont know whether this is the one you’ve bought or just the standard one,have heard the Close Up one is better. amazon.co.uk/Close-up-Trucke … 912&sr=8-1

Yeah thats the AA one I have, its great for what I have used it for over teh last 2 days but what I want is basically a town map version showing you low bridges within particular towns ie:- Glasgow/Stirling etc etc…

Do the Collins maps offer the low bridges in tehre street by street maps?? handy having the AA to decide your journey the night before but when your load/tipping within towns its no use as its a Map of Britain…

scottishcruiser:
Yeah thats the AA one I have, its great for what I have used it for over teh last 2 days but what I want is basically a town map version showing you low bridges within particular towns ie:- Glasgow/Stirling etc etc…

Do the Collins maps offer the low bridges in tehre street by street maps?? handy having the AA to decide your journey the night before but when your load/tipping within towns its no use as its a Map of Britain…

Im quite surprised there is’nt a more detailed section of Glasgow inside??usually they have the Big towns like Glasgow Birmingham,Manchester etc.

As far as Im aware its only the AA ones that have the Bridge heights,the only other thing I can think of is ■■■■ Nav with the Bridge Height add on. :confused:
Im sure I stand to be corrected.

from what I can see it gives you london street map at teh back… Wouldnt trust a sat nav…

scottishcruiser:
Wouldnt trust a sat nav…

Me either ■■■■ Navs are for Loooooooooooooooooosers. :laughing: :laughing:

Dont worry about it S.C,If you believe in your abilities you can get under any Bridge. :wink: Bridge Heights are all in the mind. :wink: .

Bikemonkey*TM & Bikemonkey Holdings Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss,damage or injury sustained resulting from that last statement