Man TGX

I have a large Invertor (800 Watt) that I need to connect up. Is there anywhere in the cab to do this or will need to go directly on the batteries ?

kevin_c329:
I have a large Invertor (800 Watt) that I need to connect up. Is there anywhere in the cab to do this or will need to go directly on the batteries ?

Anything over (I think) 300W has to go direct to the batteries.

800w isn’t big, I’ve got 3000w :stuck_out_tongue:

Only thing I find with mine is I can’t just leave it on, it interferes with the radio when the cooling fans kick in.

I had my inverter screwed to the locker behind the seat then i ran a lead through the locker flap and made a hole in the locker on the bulk head side of the locker and put a gromet in the hole, then ran the lead to the battery which had an anderson plug on the side of the battery tray, so i could unattch it when the cab was jacked up for anything and when i had a slider skelly on.

just drive a nail through the dash into the cigar lighter and connect your + lead into that, it is how you wired my fridge in when you fitted the kitchen pack to my Scania a couple of years ago, and that worked :smiling_imp:

jimti:
just drive a nail through the dash into the cigar lighter and connect your + lead into that, it is how you wired my fridge in when you fitted the kitchen pack to my Scania a couple of years ago, and that worked :smiling_imp:

It worked didn’t it :smiley:

kevin_c329:

jimti:

It worked harder then you ever did :unamused: :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

jimti:

kevin_c329:

jimti:

It worked harder then you ever did :unamused: :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

I was always told to work at your pace :grimacing: