Cable entry into cab (MAN TGA)

Planning on fitting a 1500w inverter into the above.

Can anyone who has one tell me where the cable is routed from the batteries into the cab?
Where have you positioned the inverter in the cab?
What amperage fuse would you place after the batteries for a 1500w, used mainly for a microwave?

Asking because I haven’t got the truck yet so can’t have a look around!

You’re looking around 60 amps +/- for a 1500w inverter on a 24v system… Amps = watts / volts :wink:

Fit an anderson lead and then you can disconnect it for when the cab is being tilted rather than having to remove / rely on fitter to remove the wires.

waynedl:
You’re looking around 60 amps +/- for a 1500w inverter on a 24v system… Amps = watts / volts :wink:

Fit an anderson lead and then you can disconnect it for when the cab is being tilted rather than having to remove / rely on fitter to remove the wires.

Cheers Wayne. Yep I am going to use an anderson lead connected via a plug after the battery fuse but just wondered what the best route from there into the cab would be and where to put the inverter in there?

just take a feed with the relevant ampage cable direct from the live and neg feed in the fuse board to where you want to fit the inverter

I went from the batteries, out the back of the battery tray, along the inside of the chassis rail, through the hole in the chassis by the cab tilt ram, along the trunking up to the cab floor at which point you have two options. Either remove the black electrics cover which by the way has entry grommets in it, then feed the cables in under the fuse board and to wherever you want them. Or there is a grommet in the passenger side foot well to go through. I just made sure the cable couldn’t rub through or chafe anywhere then cable tied it nice and tight. 5 years the cables were there and had no problems at all.

You put the inverter behind the pasenger seat and earth it to the grab rail bottom Bolt.The run the live though a fuse down under the floor mat there Is a Channel near the door then upto the live feed into the fuse you have to undo a couple of screws and tilt it forwards and you will see it undo a small nut and put your cable to it

I should have said into the back of the fuse box

Thanks for all the advice lads. I now have a clearer picture in my mind. :smiley:

Get someone qualified to do it. :smiley: