Actros MP3 2012 Megaspace inverter

Hi

Been having a look around and had a search on here, does anyone know where there’s a suitable 24v connection inside the cab or under the bonnet on the mp3 merc? Similar to that of a Volvo and a Renault? It’s to connect a 2000w inverter could connect to the battery direct but want to avoid any complications when tipping the cab over.

Ideally a 16mm2 cable hidden inside the cab for an oem microwave like the xf super space or the topline?

Cheers

Cant help with the 24v thing but last night i had to go pick an actros up and took me 15mins to figure out how to select drive on the auto as the arm was up i felt a right bell ended up asking another driver! Lol only driven scania volvo and dafs so was a first for me

If ya don’t know ya don’t know nowt wrong with asking

If it’s got an Anderson lead fitting have it wired to that can hide the wires in through the side locker.

As the batteries are right at the arse end of the unit, you’d be looking at a long run of heavy cable, leading to voltage drop. Best option would probably be to fit the invertor in the battery box, or as close as you can get it whilst keeping it out of the rain and crap, and running the 230v side up the chassis and into the cab - you’ll get a lot less problems with power loss that way.

If you use SWA (armoured cable) for the 230v, it will be plenty safe enough from damage and still flexible enough to allow for cab tipping. There are some unused cable ways in the inlet on the lhs under the grille which will let you run it into the passenger footwell area.

Cheers

make sure when u get cables made to get in line fuse in m8

Yeah will do cheers fella

If you look in the trip switch box ( fuse box) you will see a poss and neg terminal that goes straight to the batteries

Yes, but those cables are already sized to carry the normal load. If you’re going to start dragging 80 amps through them for a 2kw invertor they’re going to melt!

Nah worked on my old actros mp2 but you could all ways rout the wires the same way via the slave socket

Cheers people all ya advise is appreciated

just behind the cab on the nearside between the exhaust and the drop wing (sometimes between exhaust and ad blue tank ) are the jump start points. if you put your inverter behind your passenger seat you can run your lead into the locker and the out of the locker when u need to use it . the cheapest way is to buy a cheap set of jump leads cut the clips off on one end and get the connectors for your inverter crimped on then connect via the jump start point with the remaining end all our lads do it this way even on the mp4’s

Agh good work cheers wl take a look at that!

Euro Car Parts are about the cheapest for jump leads they have 4m heavy duty ones for about £15. Don’t bother with the cheaper ones as the ends are better and thicker cable .As others have said the longer the cable the thicker it needs to be . if you lift the bed you should have a flap to get into locker. on the jump start point there are red and black plastic covers attatched which come off easily. DONT forget to put them (or at least the red one) back on when u finish using as one of ours dropped a suzzie on it and done a few £ worth of damage as it shorted out

You got your new Merc then Gavlar? Or is this just in preparation?

Yeah Wayne I get it next week traveling down in the frog Thursday coming back Friday in the kraut

Ok power sorted.

Has anyone put a microwave in the top middle locker above the windscreen? There’s a ledge preventing me from getting mine in does anyone know if that can be removed? It’s the bit where the locker door closes up to and the catch locks the door along the bottom