MAN gearbox

I had to move one of the artics out of our yard yesterday morning, (bobtail, so no worries about trailer etc.) it’s got to have been one of the more scary experiences of the vehicular type. My regular skip truck isn’t equipped with the luxury of a suspended cab, so jumping into a cab that’s much higher and wobbles around is very disconcerting, and add in to the mix the MAN AS-tronic gearbox, which is quite an experience. There doesn’t seem to be any such principal as “gently does it” as it just lurched around everywhere, even with the gentlest touch of the accelerator. Is this normal?

If you mean is it ■■■■ , then the answer is yes man auto, I find to be bloody horrible

Yeah that sounds about right. I’ve got used to them now though so i dont notice it as much :smiley:

They are definitely not the worst, they can be a bit sensitive - or make the odd silly gear choice, then again so do most of the Auto’s, and fine once loaded and out on the road, they are nowhere near as bad as our old Actros’s which are hopeless everywhere …

G

They have a nifty feature where if for example, you are going downhill to a T Junction and you make it change down once for a bit a engine braking, then you have to stop it will stall. :unamused: :laughing:
And no it was not in manual mode.

DAFMAD:
They have a nifty feature where if for example, you are going downhill to a T Junction and you make it change down once for a bit a engine braking, then you have to stop it will stall. :unamused: :laughing:

Forgot about the stupid ■■■■ manual mode - never stalled one in Auto, I tend to avoid manual - just too easy to forget you are in it and stall…

G

Gazzareth:

DAFMAD:

Forgot about the stupid ■■■■ manual mode - never stalled one in Auto, I tend to avoid manual - just too easy to forget you are in it and stall…

G

Done this many a time, one time going through the dartford tolls, slowly rolling up to the toll booth, still in 12th, dart tag opens the gate, i put my foot down and it stalls. Then the bloody thing wouldn’t start because i forgot to pt it in Neutural. I caused a bit of chaos that day :laughing:

MANs are crap, thank god the only TGA we had at our place has gone now… :imp:
Quite what the we’re supposed to drive if our digi card goes missing or defective is another matter…

DAF95XF:
MANs are crap, thank god the only TGA we had at our place has gone now… :imp:
Quite what the we’re supposed to drive if our digi card goes missing or defective is another matter…

a] it has probably been sent up to us, as we seem to get all the ready to die motors and

b] if digi is defective/missing use printout at start and end of shift while card is being replaced

I was very glad to be out of it and back in my knackered old volvo, without cab damper and with manual gearbox. I felt safe once again.

garnerlives:
a] it has probably been sent up to us, as we seem to get all the ready to die motors and

DK05 OMP

b] if digi is defective/missing use printout at start and end of shift while card is being replaced

I never knew that :open_mouth: