Automatic Gearbox

Hi All

Got myself a new job that starts in a couple of weeks. At the interview the chap said that they have bought 20 plus new units all 480bhp and fully automatic gearboxes. I didnt catch the make of the units but my question is about the gearbox. I have never driven a fully or semi automatic truck. Will the gearbox be like auto cars…ie stick it in “drive” and away you go ? or, as i suspect, will it be a little more complicated than that?

I have very little class 1 experience so was just hoping someone could give me a little pointer in the right direction :smiley:

Thanks

Joey

edit…oops, just found an old thread that deals with my question, sorry peeps :blush:

Try THIS thread, if you haven’t found it already. :wink:

Thanks Lucy…that was the one i found. I knew it couldnt be as easy as it seemed. I have printed it off and will try to remember some of it :confused:

nevermind, the new firm knows i’m new to it, so as long as i dont put any dents in the shiny new paintwork things are looking good.

Looking forward to monday when i give my present “employer” a weeks notice. Will have to resist the urge not to tell him to stick his job where the sun dont shine (dont burn your bridges etc) but its gonna be hard to resist :smiley:

Joey

Good luck with the new job joeyd and don’t worry about the gearbox if they are a decent firm they will show you how to handle it. You are quite right with the don’t burn your bridges thing it is always better to leave a good impression in your wake, it may pay dividends later. :wink:

Good luck with the new job joeyd :smiley: