MAN fleet motor fridges

At the moment i am driving a DHL MAN tga xxl for a couple of weeks.

Does any one know if the fridge in the center under the bunk can be wired up so it can work?
Or is it just for show…Or for stowing the fire extinguisher…(spell) like this one is!!

used to use mine for my night out gear as nowhere else to put it

my mates erf has the same box but it cannot be wired up as there is no motor to wire up.

i think it’s a ‘cool box’ and not a fridge.

My XXL had a switch on the centre console, next to the night heater control, to switch the fridge on and off. You then set the temperature with the rotary switch on the top, left, rear corner of the fridge.
If there’s no rotary switch, then there’s no motor to wire up to.

if it down hill logistics then it no fridge bets thing you can do is whip it out pull out the box there is 3 star bolt’s while your at it remove the safety bar off the bed 2 bolt’s underneath, then you trot yourself down halfords and pick up a fridge a think it’s the 35 litre one it’s blue and white with grey plastic on top

and that fridge fit’s nice n snug under the bed
:smiley:

Sounds like its just the, I’m a tigh wadd gaffa trying to save a few bob, storage/cool box version.

Yeah thats daft, they go to the trouble of putting the box in but no gubbins to power it up!

I’ve got power to my new MAN one but our old ones at my last company didn’t, strange eh!?

Gaz:
Yeah thats daft, they go to the trouble of putting the box in but no gubbins to power it up!

I’ve got power to my new MAN one but our old ones at my last company didn’t, strange eh!?

They are absolutely useless as a cool box too.
As they are sited right over the engine, they get nice and warm inside without a fridge motor to cool them down. They’ll curdle your milk in well under 4:30 driving.