MAN fridge

In a MAN, new model TGA, is there a wire or plug where you can replace the box on a slide under the bunk (that looks like a fridge :unamused: ) with an actual fridge, I know there is a specific plug in a DAF, so is it similar in the MAN, also is there something similar in or behind any of the the lockers above the windscreen for a microwave.

don’t know if there is a plug in place or not, but, the wire for the fridge comes out from under the passenger seat

there is also a switch on the panel where the night heater controls are

when i put a microwave in my last Tga i had to run the wire all the way round the cab from the batterys as there was nothing behind the lockers

chaversdad:
when i put a microwave in my last Tga i had to run the wire all the way round the cab from the batterys as there was nothing behind the lockers

can’t you just wire in to the main power in points in the fuse box?

as there is a main live and main neg in there somewhere

shuttlespanker:
don’t know if there is a plug in place or not, but, the wire for the fridge comes out from under the passenger seat

there is also a switch on the panel where the night heater controls are

Thanks for that, but do you mean a wire comes out only in a motor when a fridge is fitted standard, or there is a spare wire for a fridge to be fitted in a one that isn’t,…if you see what I mean :unamused: :smiley:

i have an XLX with a coolbox and an XXL with a fridge

the fridge has a switch on the console where the night heater control is, also the hand brake lever, teh XLX has no switch there

also, there is a coiled cable, sort of like a phone charger cable, comes out from under the passenger seat on the XXL that goes to the fridge unit, the cable is not there on the XLX

although, the connection under the matting may be there, don’t know, not looked

just letting you know where the factory fit cable (if fitted) comes out to the unit

i,m not sure on the fuse box, the sparky started talking amps and watts and had me lost :smiley:
he insisted on wiring it from the batterys into a relay he put in the fuse box area up the door pillar and behind the cupboards/lockers

chaversdad:
i,m not sure on the fuse box, the sparky started talking amps and watts and had me lost :smiley:
he insisted on wiring it from the batterys into a relay he put in the fuse box area up the door pillar and behind the cupboards/lockers

was yours 12, 24 or 240 volt?

it was one of them samsung roadmates 24v, took a bit longer than the one at home to warm up but it was very useful

trying to work out the need for the relay

in the DAF XF, the wire goes straight from the fuse board to the centre cupboard, no relay, the power comes in on the main feed from the batteries

it was all abit over my head tbh , might have just been some sort of inline fuse he put in

That would make more sense, with an inline fuse, but, should still be able to take the power from the fuse board though

Hi, ive got a TGA with a fridge in and my two mates have the same motors without fridges, mine was faulty (motherboard)so i boughtanother fridge off ebay for £240, then the motherboard arrived 4 months later. MAN quoted my mate £400 for the additional wiring loom & switch to fit the fridge to factory spec. he told them were to go!!.
However a sparky quoted him £40 to wire it from the fuse box, but he had already bought a fridge which takes up his passenger seat.
I hope this helps. Incidently if anyone is looking for a MAN built in fridge< I now have a spare one for sale.