MAN TGA Fridge

is the fridge in a MAN TGA hard wired in or do you have to plug it in? if its hard wired in do you need to turn it on and if so , how?

the TGA i was driving on sunday had the fridge in it that slid partly under the bunk but wasnt working. is this normal?

cheers

The MAN has a sliding box that looks like a fridge, but it comes without the motor or wiring :confused: You have to buy that seperately. I use a Waeco fridge on my passenger seat and use the fridge box for cornflakes, bread and biscuits etc.

I suppose you could buy some ice packs as a cheaper option

pull the fridge box out,put your hand into the back of it.
thers a switch hidden in there.
i had a problem with this myself.
you need to get down and look in to see what i mean.
i put a few cans in[never food]after an hour they were still warm.
i looked in and the cans had pushed the switch to zero.
its a great fridge,but the control is badly placed.
the rh side of the fridge is a freezer.
agood freezer at that.

As Wheelnut says, they’re not a fridge. :cry: We’ve looked at replacing mine via MAN, and were quoted £600. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: needless to say it’s not going to happen.
It’s a poor show really, when other manufacturers fit them as standard.

Kate:
As Wheelnut says, they’re not a fridge. :cry: We’ve looked at replacing mine via MAN, and were quoted £600. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: needless to say it’s not going to happen.

kate get yourself down to halfords they do a cracking fridge well cool box with a fan but still does the job about 40 or 50 quid irc

anyway the good bit slide out cool box look at the plate remove 3 bolt’s throw cool box in skip /shed or corner of the garage lift bottom bunk undo six bolt’s for the "safety handle finger trapper leg banger thing repeat as above then take your new shiny fridge and slide neatly under bunk

note you may have to lift bunk slighty to slide under but once in place it doesn’t stick out as much so you dnt belt the back of your legs when getting in and out of bed :wink: :slight_smile:

gonzothejaffa1:

Kate:

kate get yourself down to halfords they do a cracking fridge well cool box with a fan but still does the job about 40 or 50 quid irc

anyway the good bit slide out cool box look at the plate remove 3 bolt’s throw cool box in skip /shed or corner of the garage lift bottom bunk undo six bolt’s for the "safety handle finger trapper leg banger thing repeat as above then take your new shiny fridge and slide neatly under bunk

note you may have to lift bunk slighty to slide under but once in place it doesn’t stick out as much so you dnt belt the back of your legs when getting in and out of bed :wink: :slight_smile:

It’s all sounds rather like hard work. I think I’ll hold out for a new Stralis instead. :exclamation:

Wheel Nut:
The MAN has a sliding box that looks like a fridge, but it comes without the motor or wiring :confused: You have to buy that seperately. I use a Waeco fridge on my passenger seat and use the fridge box for cornflakes, bread and biscuits etc.

I suppose you could buy some ice packs as a cheaper option

so basically it comes fitted with a fridge but it has no motor or wiring for it! how much is that a con? the robbing gets. at least ■■■■ turpin wore a mask whe he ripped you off.

another question is if you have one of these and put a micro wave in where do you put it? it had two bunks in so would you just strap the microwave on to the top one, or is there an easier way?

Kate:

gonzothejaffa1:

Kate:

It’s all sounds rather like hard work. I think I’ll hold out for a new Stralis instead. :exclamation:

well there is that but it takes about ten minutes

A couple of our lads have removed the box to fit the fridge there, but I find it quite handy for dry storage.

I could manage with my fridge on the floor too, but find it stops me snacking if it is out of reach on the seat :smiley:

Kate:

I’d check they come with a fridge as well, as our new batch of stralis’s come with the fridge unit, but without the fridge running gear, making it a fancy cool box :frowning:

We are a bit miffed as our old ones had them and the new one dont! :laughing:

Kate:

There’s a girl who’s easily satisfied. :wink: :wink:

Stan

Kate:

:open_mouth:

Never mind Kate.You’ll wake up from your nightmare soon.

Ken.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Wheel Nut:
The MAN has a sliding box that looks like a fridge, but it comes without the motor or wiring :confused:

our company has four MANs, three have a fridge, one has the dry box, the boxes all look the same