Man tgx - coolbox/fridge

Hi fellow drivers.

Having just taken delivery of 5 6x2 TGX 480 MAN’s I am being asked by the drivers how they turn the fridge on.

The old style had a switch on the back of the fridge, am I to assume that this new style is hardwired at all times? Perhaps MAN dealership has not wired them up?

If I am missing something your help is appreciated in advance.

I use to have a tga and the switch was on the centre console where the handbrake is, it was easy to knock it off when applying the brake without realising.

Saaamon:
I use to have a tga and the switch was on the centre console where the handbrake is, it was easy to knock it off when applying the brake without realising.

Many thanks I will see if there is anything simular on the TGX . . .

if your on about the thing under the bed between the 2 seats, it doesn’t turn on. I had a 62 reg TGX at my last place and just used it to store bits n pieces, but a few of the other drivers took the thing out and used the space to put their own fridge.

It’s probably a cool box, not a fridge. (Fridges are a luxury us drivers can do without !!!)
I spent a while looking for the switch on mine before I realised that it wasn’t a fridge ! Lol !

If they’re cool boxes Kuda do the kit to convert them to fridges but they aren’t cheap!

Its a coolbox as standard. You didn’t tick the box, and pay the extra, for the fridge option.

No switch on the top = standard MAN cool box. Not a lot of use and give it a few months and the hinges will break!

So what the difference between the coolbox and fridge?

Saaamon:

a coolbox is one where you need the freezer blocks to keep things anywhere near cool, most people simply remove them from the cab and fit a normal Waeco (other makes are available) type 24v coolbox

a fridge is exactly what it says, a fridge

for all intents and purposes, they look the same, apart from the fridge has the motor unit on the back of it and the cooling plate inside

shuttlespanker:

Saaamon:

a coolbox is one where you need the freezer blocks to keep things anywhere near cool, most people simply remove them from the cab and fit a normal Waeco (other makes are available) type 24v coolbox

a fridge is exactly what it says, a fridge

for all intents and purposes, they look the same, apart from the fridge has the motor unit on the back of it and the cooling plate inside

Ok cheers.

Sounds to me that you only have a coldbox and not the fridge…heyho,onward and upward…haha. :smiley:

Enjoy your warm sandwiches and yogurts :smiley: :smiley:

can’t you rip it out and shove one of these in for less than 50 quid ?

ebay.co.uk/itm/24Volt-V-18Lt … 847wt_1768

should be ok for milk and stuff.

stobarttrucker:
can’t you rip it out and shove one of these in for less than 50 quid ?

ebay.co.uk/itm/24Volt-V-18Lt … 847wt_1768

should be ok for milk and stuff.

personally, i would unscrew the three bolts that hold it in place, much easier, and less of a mess when it is removed :wink:

martinviking:
It’s probably a cool box, not a fridge. (Fridges are a luxury us drivers can do without !!!)
I spent a while looking for the switch on mine before I realised that it wasn’t a fridge ! Lol !

It is a cool box, the fridge is £500 extra!! :confused:

Yeah, fridges are a rip off. You be better ripping the coolbox out & buying a portable fridge for £80 odd, the kuda fixed ones are £300 they do look well though. The man coolbox rattles like a Sherman tank once the clicks are on the odo.

martinviking:

LOL that makes alot of sense . . . :slight_smile:

Many thanks to you all for your replies. I shall tell all those who asked to save up some monies and treat themselves :grimacing:

TTX boy:
Sounds to me that you only have a coldbox and not the fridge…heyho,onward and upward…haha. :smiley:

LOL :laughing: