Made a complete idiot of myself at Asda

Now some would say that that isn’t anything new, re the subject header and I could be tempted to agree … :laughing:

I had a 2330 booking for Asda at Wigan last night. Arrived up the road towards the gate house around 2300 and saw two outside haulier’s at the gate house, behind each other.

I noticed that the stop/go light in front of me was showing red so pulled up on the left and waited there. No problems with that. A look in my mirror found an old shape white unmarked MAN coming up behind me, pulling a red Transamerica Leasing trailer. The driver of it sat behind me momentarily then pulled out and started coming round me :open_mouth: . Of course many of you know that queue-jumping rates very low on my list of OK things to do, so I grabbed a cog and pulled up to the back of the wagon at the gate house so that Cpt. Queue-jumper behind couldn’t get past me; all this whilst hurling a few choice words out of the window at the driver which resulted in a few choice words being thrown back, none of which I could hear because of the noise of the engines.

Anyway, the driver was having none of it and was determined to get in front of me so I was just about to get out and go and make things clearer to him in person :sunglasses: when the wagon in front moved away so I could pull up to the gate house. Before I could even switch the engine off the security bod was out with his arms flapping and giving me some right grief, but I couldn’t understand what it was about. It was explained to me that I’d jumped a red light - which I already knew. I then made my point about the wagon behind trying to queue-jump but then I learned that it was in fact an Asda motor and they have priority through the gate over outside hauliers :open_mouth: . Not to be defeated, I pointed out how am I meant to know that when the motor is unmarked and pulling a leased trailer etc.

Anyway, the long and short of it was that I was given a lecture by the security bod about site rules and waiting to get in etc and then I went to Asda driver behind me who had tried to “jump the queue” and apologised for being such a plebian :confused: .

I was made to feel about this big. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Bloody trolley drivers. Allus in the way whether you are :unamused: .

:smiling_imp:

natural reaction Rob. you were defending your own space and im sure plenty of others here have done it and will do it again :confused:

why dont you tell everyone how the night got off to a bad start when you broke the seat and went back in the office with the lever in your hand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i shouldn’t worry to much about making an idiot of yourself.

lets face it, your bloody good at it! :sunglasses:

jessicas dad:
why dont you tell everyone how the night got off to a bad start when you broke the seat and went back in the office with the lever in your hand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s not what he told me m8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Take a chill pill Rob, the job aint worth it, so what if the muppet [later discovered not so muppet like] jumps in front, your paid by the hour. Although i wonder if the “muppet” said no sweat mate easy mistake. Asfor the security monkey they dont all ways use them lights, and you could be sat there for ages and they wont come and tell you, it happened to me, i sat there then after a while fed up with staring at that traffic light i ambled over to the gate house just to ask when i maybe able to get in, security guy says “you’ve forgot something” “like what” i reply “your truck” he luaghs, i did’nt think it that funny but it amused him, like i says to him got fed up waiting for the light to change, he reckoned i should’ve gone over once the gate was clear, whats the point of the light then :wink:

Rob K:
Now some would say that that isn’t anything new, re the subject header and I could be tempted to agree … :laughing:

I had a 2330 booking for Asda at Wigan last night. Arrived up the road towards the gate house around 2300 and saw two outside haulier’s at the gate house, behind each other.

I noticed that the stop/go light in front of me was showing red so pulled up on the left and waited there. No problems with that. A look in my mirror found an old shape white unmarked MAN coming up behind me, pulling a red Transamerica Leasing trailer. The driver of it sat behind me momentarily then pulled out and started coming round me :open_mouth: . Of course many of you know that queue-jumping rates very low on my list of OK things to do, so I grabbed a cog and pulled up to the back of the wagon at the gate house so that Cpt. Queue-jumper behind couldn’t get past me; all this whilst hurling a few choice words out of the window at the driver which resulted in a few choice words being thrown back, none of which I could hear because of the noise of the engines.

Anyway, the driver was having none of it and was determined to get in front of me so I was just about to get out and go and make things clearer to him in person :sunglasses: when the wagon in front moved away so I could pull up to the gate house. Before I could even switch the engine off the security bod was out with his arms flapping and giving me some right grief, but I couldn’t understand what it was about. It was explained to me that I’d jumped a red light - which I already knew. I then made my point about the wagon behind trying to queue-jump but then I learned that it was in fact an Asda motor and they have priority through the gate over outside hauliers :open_mouth: . Not to be defeated, I pointed out how am I meant to know that when the motor is unmarked and pulling a leased trailer etc.

Anyway, the long and short of it was that I was given a lecture by the security bod about site rules and waiting to get in etc and then I went to Asda driver behind me who had tried to “jump the queue” and apologised for being such a plebian :confused: .

I was made to feel about this big. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Bloody trolley drivers. Allus in the way whether you are :unamused: .

:smiling_imp:

A Driver from Arla-Ashby was in the same situation.
He said reported just nicely a few Times that he will run out of Time which they ignored.
Yep,as he was on the row to pull in couldn’t he anymore,as he already for a releace waited and they had to manage it than to overtake with milklorry,and now new Driver,the other

I quite enjoy these days, Yesterday I arrived at a customer on my booking slot, I followed an Archbold Automotive truck in, He was parked behind a Birds lorry.

The girl booked me in and sent me around the bend :stuck_out_tongue: where there were 2 trucks parked on the pavement.

I have a unique plan in these situations.

I got out of the cab and asked the drivers, a Czech and an Austrian.

The czech had a 9.00am slot yet the birds had an 8.am slot.

We actually managed to sort out the system by talking to each other :stuck_out_tongue: When i left the Archbold lad was still sat there

For some reason the night clerk at asda @ wigan always pulls a face whenever i point out he hasnt signed the chep note for the transfer of pallets .
God forsaken place … :confused:

you need to chill out a bit robk, what does it matter if someone jumps the queue anyway?
do you not get paid by the hour?
if someone wants to jump in front of you then let them, it may be that they have to try to turn around or reverse back up next time.
you should never go to eurodisney with that attitude, nobody queues there except the british visitors.

I disagree johnny, if im queuing politely and some muppet pushes in i dont like it either. Its a matter of manners isnt it? something which drivers (not yourself :wink: ) are in short supply of these days. The money for me is irrelevant.. its the point... Im sat in a queue… why should someone else not queue?
rob (who`ll be the 1st to admit… wont you rob :open_mouth: :laughing: ) may have a slightly short fuse :open_mouth: :smiley: … but i would have been narked too.
Dont get me started about the foreigners and queuing :unamused: :unamused: … bloody italians :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JB:
I but i would have been narked too.
:

So would I. Rob wasn’t to know that an unmarked wagon wasn’t jumping the queue.

However, jumping the lights to block him may not have been the best way, I would have jumped out of the cab and blocked the way. :unamused: Think how upset he would have been to run somebody over. :open_mouth: That’d teach him :slight_smile: .

Salut, David.

Little tip for anyone going to asda wigan if you’ve only got 2 or 3 lifts for them when you book in tell the booking in clerk and you will be brought forward early

simon

SimonRS2K:
Little tip for anyone going to asda wigan if you’ve only got 2 or 3 lifts for them when you book in tell the booking in clerk and you will be brought forward early

simon

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i dont want bring early im on hours and would sit there all day if i could.

Just out of interest what was the Asda driver like when you apologised??

Thats one thing that annoys me aswell. :imp: :imp:

I must’ve missed something Rob. I thought you’d packed in this truck driving game after Archbolds :question:

Yeti:
I must’ve missed something Rob. I thought you’d packed in this truck driving game after Archbolds :question:

Yeti, there are plenty of posts about it. :unamused: Try looking at the ‘Quit the game’ thread.

MAD28:
Just out of interest what was the Asda driver like when you apologised??

Thats one thing that annoys me aswell. :imp: :imp:

He said he was alright about it.

Rob K:

Yeti:

Yeti, there are plenty of posts about it. :unamused: Try looking at the ‘Quit the game’ thread.

I had read that thread Rob but only up till the last post (at that time) which was by ‘truckyboy’. I’ve just found the topic again and read your additional post and now know why your back behind the wheel.

Glad to see you back on the road, without all the undue stress etc that you had in your previous job. Nice to see things have worked out for you :exclamation:

Paul.