Im not a mind reader

ady1:
goes to asda rdc for the 1 st time and its pretty much like the rest , park up till we shout you , then bang it on bay 34 driv, no problem so open doors and stick it on bay then hand in keys and go and do paper work.
30 mins later driver puts it on bay next to me and then to my amazement he walks down side of truck and switches bay light to red :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .i gets out and checks with him if hed done what id thought he done and he said yes ive just banged it on red you have to here, it says so on green board.
seeing as id opened doors before reversing on bay how the hell would i know to switch it to red as id no need to go down to back of trailer so wouldnt have seen board to know to do it so left it as it was assuming asda lads did it as normal
a wasted 30 mins which could of been hrs sat there as if i hadnt seen him do it i doubt any one from asda woul have question why i was still on a green 30 mins later.
how longs it been our job to switch bay lights on and off :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If I had popped out and flashed my stocking tops at him I bet he would have noticed then LOL.

sally.x

Holy 6 year thread revival! :open_mouth:

Iā€™m actually going to defend ady1 here :open_mouth:

I find the problem in these places, isnā€™t the driver not reading the notice, itā€™s the fact thereā€™s 20000 notices in the window at security, and 99% of them are of no interest to the driver delivering, and some of the others are duplicates in foreign.

Iā€™ll freely admit, I donā€™t bother reading them anymore.

I went to 1 place a few weeks ago and got told to turn my hazard lights OFF - this is a large place where at all the other sites itā€™s hazards on - and he said the common sense thing, if youā€™ve got your hazards on all the time, what do you do when maneuvering? Just put them on when youā€™re approaching your bay so other drivers know to give you a bit of space whilst you reverse.
Always been my argument, but how can the same company have so many different rules across different sites?

montana man:

jj72:

montana man:
another great triumph of some over educated no common sense elf n safety guy or warehouse designer :wink:

how very dare you - salt of the earth them designers, especially them fresh out of nappies who know everything there is to about logistics :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to correct you there jj BUT they do have ā€œcertificatesā€ :wink:

Dont forget ā€¦his boss will have a ā€˜Degreeā€™

Sounds a bit like amazon rugeley went there before Christmas signed the yard information sheet at security drove riund saw the bod in the office ā€œput it on 68 driveā€ fair enough .
Put it on chocks under suzie lock on keys handed in then you cant sit in your cab In case you drive off :open_mouth:
Err how exactly am I going to do that lol.

Whatever about the thread revival, I am now gagging to see Sallyā€™s stocking tops :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
Whatever about the thread revival, I am now gagging to see Sallyā€™s stocking tops :slight_smile:

Your on your on with wanting to see his/her stocking tops SS :blush:

goes to asda rdc for the 1 st time and its pretty much like the rest , park up till we shout you , then bang it on bay 34 driv, no problem so open doors and stick it on bay then hand in keys and go and do paper work.
30 mins later driver puts it on bay next to me and then to my amazement he walks down side of truck and switches bay light to red :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .i gets out and checks with him if hed done what id thought he done and he said yes ive just banged it on red you have to here, it says so on green board.
seeing as id opened doors before reversing on bay how the hell would i know to switch it to red as id no need to go down to back of trailer so wouldnt have seen board to know to do it so left it as it was assuming asda lads did it as normal
a wasted 30 mins which could of been hrs sat there as if i hadnt seen him do it i doubt any one from asda woul have question why i was still on a green 30 mins later.
how longs it been our job to switch bay lights on and off :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So you didnā€™t see the site instruction card, notices in goods in or the ones on the bays then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

To busy looking for those transexual crossdressers I guess :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

No. Ady has a valid point here. If heā€™s going somewhere for the first time and missing the signs and/or lacking instruction then something is amiss with Asdaā€™s information procedures. It maybe in practice that we all learn the hard way and this appears to be the norm nowadays,but what if something more serious happened than sitting there waiting for 30 mins? They shouldnā€™t take for granted that people know, they should be asking at the gatehouse ā€œhave you been before?ā€

Conversley Mike when I go somewhere new, even if for a company I have been to other locations for, I make a point of telling security and asking if theres any special instructions/procedures i.e. buttons, salvo locks and the like. Along with the all important wheres the brew machine and bog question :wink:

montana man:
:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So you didnā€™t see the site instruction card, notices in goods in or the ones on the bays then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

To busy looking for those transexual crossdressers I guess :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

explained why i didnt see the ones on bay[ didnt go down to back of trailer as had already opened doors and i cant read what it says on board looking in mirror], as for site instructions cant remember looking but ill check next time .
never had to switch light on bay so its not something id be looking for.
as for looking for a what[ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ] im afraid however much you lot try to take the ā– ā– ā– ā–  etc, i have always liked birds and always will and you lot of wanna be trannys wont change me.

Mike-C:
No. Ady has a valid point here. If heā€™s going somewhere for the first time and missing the signs and/or lacking instruction then something is amiss with Asdaā€™s information procedures. It maybe in practice that we all learn the hard way and this appears to be the norm nowadays,but what if something more serious happened than sitting there waiting for 30 mins? They shouldnā€™t take for granted that people know, they should be asking at the gatehouse ā€œhave you been before?ā€

they knew i hadnt been before as i asked him where to go on site as it was my 1 st time, and he explained to me to park up, go in goods in office etc, but ill check next time i go but i cant remember any signs telling you to switch on light on bay in goods office, but they must of asked for my keys 3/4 times , surely the bay lights as important as the keys
wouldnt you think though theyd of thought theren was something wrong that a truck had been on a bay for 30 mins and was still on a green but had handed his keys in

montana man:
Conversley Mike when I go somewhere new, even if for a company I have been to other locations for, I make a point of telling security and asking if theres any special instructions/procedures i.e. buttons, salvo locks and the like. Along with the all important wheres the brew machine and bog question :wink:

and you wonder why theres a que a mile long at some r.d.cs to get in when your asking all that lot :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ady1:
and you wonder why theres a que a mile long at some r.d.cs to get in when your asking all that lot :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I bet my 60 second chat gets me out the gate 30 minutes quicker than you though :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Slightly different but i worked for one large parcel company.

Out with a class 1 three bulk drops, started at 0700 sat in canteen till 1100 waiting for instructions. Given three drops in Greenock and Port Glasgow. Third drop is Amazon sit in a Q waiting for 3 hours to get unloaded. Eventually put it on the bay the guy says ā€œoh we donā€™t unload your company, you unload yourself and by the way you donā€™t wait on the Q just allways go straight onto bay 24ā€.

Get back to depot, supervisor says ā€œyou took your timeā€, i said well no one mentioned you tip yourself at Amazon, he ā€œoh yeah should have mentioned that, put your truck on a bay to get unloadedā€, i say well ā€œdont have anything truck is emptyā€, he starts going mental saying ā€œwhy didnt you do your collectionsā€, i say ā€œwell first ive heard of themā€.

Back in next day, supervisor says "remember your collections, ā€œhere is the detailsā€ i said fine no probs. Finish my drops go to do my collections but find the three collections have allready been collected. He calls me up to check ive done the collections i tell him already been done. Was so worried about his collections asked another supervisor to remind me, who reminded the wrong guy who got the wrong collections, so the other guys collections never got done.

Third day about to leave guy comes up with a trolley with loose parcels, we are short a van driver, can you deliver these into the city centre. I said where they going, i thought a single bulk drop, turns out 20 different small parcels to different offices and shops, i say no i wonā€™t not going around Glasgow city centre in an arctic doing 20 single parcel drops. Ive a bad attitude.

Forth day go in, say sorry no class 1 work, i say well why did you get me in, he said well we are short a van driver, you can go do 80+ drops round the town in a transit. Say screw that and walk out :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike-C:
No. Ady has a valid point here. If heā€™s going somewhere for the first time and missing the signs and/or lacking instruction then something is amiss with Asdaā€™s information procedures.

be fair Mike (and this ISNā€™T a stab at ady1) if you put instructions in 3 foot high fluorescent lettering some drivers would still miss it or not be arsed to read it

Will someone ring me and tell me what this post is aboutā€¦I cant be arsed to read itā€¦ :laughing:

Iā€™m going to stick up for Ady here, he has gone on to an rdc for the first time and not been given clear instruction on tipping procedure and / or not seen an instruction board.
He then comes on here asking a simple question

how longs it been our job to switch bay lights on and off

whilst explaining to us what he did or did not do.Itā€™s been a while but I have never had to do the red light thing he mentions at any RDC.
What really getā€™s me is the members on here who see his post as another chance to take the [zb] out of a fellow driver!!!
This attitude seems to happen all too often on this site and I canā€™t understand it. Seems to me some posters enjoy playing the ā€˜one up-manship gameā€™ .
I was under the impression this site was a place where we could communicate with each other , swap information and ask questions , not score points off each other.

Adorning the tin hat and ringing the cab as we speak :laughing:

shade:
What really getā€™s me is the members on here who see his post as another chance to take the [zb] out of a fellow driver!!!
This attitude seems to happen all too often on this site and I canā€™t understand it.

Loads of them Mickey takers on here. I canā€™t understand them !!!