tut u drivers

Just comin off the M62 onto M1 south earlier this evenin and was in the inside lane.Noticed that a salvesens/dentis wotsits artic driver in front had no trailer lights.I thought best let the chappie know before mr plod does.Started to flash said driver of his problem but no response,so pulled into lane 2 and again flashed and flashed but nothing.When i eventually managed to pull asside said driver I unwound my ns window and beeped horn to let him know of his problem.Driver effed and jeffed askin what my problem was to which I replied I dont have a problem you do…no trailer lights… He then went sheepish and thanked me for lettin him know.
If a truck flashes you from behind for a few miles would you not think there may be a problem? :open_mouth:
Dave

jacko:
If a truck flashes you from behind for a few miles would you not think there may be a problem? :open_mouth:
Dave

Yes and I believe most would - especially if another truck was doing the flashing

ROG:

jacko:
Dave

Yes and I believe most would - especially if another truck was doing the flashing

You obviously never used to pull Mat trailers then
:laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

jacko:
Dave

I can top that !!! I dropped a container off in our yard last year and it had a special certificate to go with it. After i got home i got a fone call that my job the next day had changed. I had the certificate with me at home. So, i needed to give the certificate to the driver who was taking the box out. I pulled in our yard at 5am as he was pulling out with the box. I followed him it was dark, beeping and flashing and he just carried on. Only me and him on the road and i’d reckon its a mile and a half at least to Seaforth gate from our yard. The only waay i caught him was when he stopped at the police/security check. Needless to say, i don;t walk about when i see him manoevering in the yard ! :smiley:

Southbound on the A34 a few months ago, must’ve been about 1am, I came across a truck with the rear fog lights on. I gave a few flashes - no response. Literally EVERY truck, and the majority of the few cars on the road at that time, were flashing this guy as they passed in the opposite direction. As I overtook, I realised that he also had full beam and a bunch of spotlights on. Once in front of him, I turned all my lights off and on several times (don’t worry, it was brighter than day!), but still no response. As the light in the mirrors was seriously beginning to affect my vision, and I was only going slightly faster than him, I slowed down a little in lane 2 and let him sail past. It took about 45 minutes of continual flashing from almost every driver coming the opposite way before he finally got the message and turned off the beams and spots. I just don’t get it!

I followed a truck last week on the M62 with his tail lift down over his lights.
Pulled alongside blowing horm etc and pointed to rear of his vehicle and down.
The truck was one of the airport food loaders, with a half cab so i couldn’t shout across
When I passed him I pulled in and turned hazards on, flashed lights and rear fogs but still no notice was taken.
This was around junction 22, when I pulled off at J26 he was still bobbing along behind me.
Does everyone nowadays think that anyone blowing horns etc is always just wanting to "have a go " at them?
All proper drivers that I know would react to several flashes/ horns etc by pulling onto shoulder and having a look.

It makes you mad doesnt it when you try to help another driver out and you get ignored/abused. You think why do i bother? I had one last year, i joined the M54 one morning and was coming up towards junction 3. Complete unlit section of motorway and there was me and this royal mail truck with no trailer lights! :open_mouth:

Flashed my lights etc… nothing. gets up the side of him, puts my red cab lights on, winds down n/s window and toots the horn. The driver did not look AT ALL. Didnt even awknoledge the fact that i was there!

I moved in front of him, turned lights on and off… still nothing, i left it.

Even car drivers/vans and other lorries were flashing him! Still didnt pull over. Mind you, he was staring at the road ahead rather intensly! Maybe he was on something? :wink:

First thing i do when i see alot of flashing behind me is check the mirrors, which proved itself works one day when a car was flashing like mad and pointing to my tyre on the trailer… flat tyre, 3 hours on the M6 grrrr :cry:

this happend to me just before chrimbo on the m6 coming up the road, again truck in front no tralier lights, flashed a few times then i pulled along side dropped window hit the horn a few times, driver just kept staring straight ahead :open_mouth: i got fed up of this after a mile or 2

del949:
Does everyone nowadays think that anyone blowing horns etc is always just wanting to "have a go " at them?

In the aggressive kind of society in which we live today, I am afraid that you might just be right.

i am always grateful when another driver helps me out, i would rather that than the coppers giving me a tug, i came out of the yard about a month back in a rush forgot to put my lights on :blush: , another driver flashed me to warn me, had a quick to look to see why he was flashing and switched them on at a rapid rate of knots

i came back into the yard that night and thanked the driver for his help,

I had one many many years ago where I was walking home from a factory, and this container goes past and pulls up a few yards down the road, I noticed his lack of trailer lights, so I taps on n/s door, driver appeared to ignore me so I went round to his door and told him, he said cheers of I went, he passed me about 5 minutes later still no lights :unamused:

Flipside:
i am always grateful when another driver helps me out, i would rather that than the coppers giving me a tug, i came out of the yard about a month back in a rush forgot to put my lights on :blush: , another driver flashed me to warn me, had a quick to look to see why he was flashing and switched them on at a rapid rate of knots

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I hope I dont live near your yard,in a rush and forgot lights,suppose you would forget your head if it wasnt fastened on,hope you start taking notice whats happening around you,youre supposed to be a Professional Driver :wink:

I am thinking possibley these drivers were on their mobiles■■?

I get paranoid if someone flashes behind me it makes me wonder whats hanging off the back of the truck, or what lights arent working, and if loads of people flashed me would definitaley pull over and have a look.

some people start to get irrate when you try helpin them out its either eff off or the v for victory!!!

I can understand some drivers not taking any notice or taking offense at somebody flashing to let them know of a problem. I think we are all so used to other motorists being irrate with us (and other motorists) that we just think not another one! People have even started blasting me for turning right off a road (how dare I slow down to turn LOL)

well i am not going to name the firm but last year i was following a artic from a well known cornish haulier and noticed he had no lights so i flashed him and he pulled into the layby on the a30 at summercourt as i went past him slowly as the layby was quite narrow i thought thats the wrong number plate on the trailer and as i passed by the front of his tautliner he only had a red air line on !!! so i was a bit surprised at this and told the guy he only had a red air line on . he looked and hitched it up properly then realised it was the wrong trl and rang his yard !!! i went on my way and stopped at the white house at okehampton . i was sat outside on the grass and my new friend pulled up and parked . he came across sheepishly :blush: and said that the office told him it was all ready to go so he jumped in and went !! but what had happened was the fitters had used his unit to pull a trl out of the garage and just left it that way . i would like to see his daily check routine now !!i bet it is more substantial than before :smiley:

matt f:
well i am not going to name the firm but last year i was following a artic from a well known cornish haulier and noticed he had no lights so i flashed him and he pulled into the layby on the a30 at summercourt as i went past him slowly as the layby was quite narrow i thought thats the wrong number plate on the trailer and as i passed by the front of his tautliner he only had a red air line on !!! so i was a bit surprised at this and told the guy he only had a red air line on . he looked and hitched it up properly then realised it was the wrong trl and rang his yard !!! i went on my way and stopped at the white house at okehampton . i was sat outside on the grass and my new friend pulled up and parked . he came across sheepishly :blush: and said that the office told him it was all ready to go so he jumped in and went !! but what had happened was the fitters had used his unit to pull a trl out of the garage and just left it that way . i would like to see his daily check routine now !!i bet it is more substantial than before :smiley:

I cant believe some of these people,I dont trust anyone when it comes to starting off on a journey i still go over everything even if it has been done for me.I also have a visible check even if i’ve stopped and left the vehcle while having a break.
a few years ago,We had a driver at our place stopped at the services for a pee. got back in the cab went to pull away and someone had pulled the pin and the trailer fell on its legs

i past an accident about a year ago on the A1 northbound a transporter had went into the back of another and got the rear end of a focus through his windscreen !!! travelling to close :unamused:

sweetleaf:

Flipside:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I hope I dont live near your yard,in a rush and forgot lights,suppose you would forget your head if it wasnt fastened on,hope you start taking notice whats happening around you,youre supposed to be a Professional Driver :wink:

You never make mistakes then mate? :wink: My old boss used to say that the only man who did nowt wrong did nowt all day.