Im not a mind reader

Stop taking the mikey,mikey. :laughing:

shade:
Iā€™m going to stick up for Ady here,

I wouldnā€™t. I sent him a P.M. in June and he hasnā€™t found that yet. :unamused: :unamused:

It is still sitting in my Outbox. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Asda bays have an electrical interlock which means that the bays doors cannot be opened until the bay light has been changed to red.

Bay 34? Iā€™d take a guess at that being Europort. :wink:

went into asda,wakefield today and i read all the notices and i could not see one that mentioned switching the light to red on a bay, theres one saying if you dont hand your keys in you wont be tipped.
theres one on the bay under the light but if you undo the doors before you reverse on the bay like i did then how would you know to switch the light over.
if it was like that everywhere youd know but up to now the only place ive had to change lights is asda

Krankee:

shade:
Iā€™m going to stick up for Ady here,

I wouldnā€™t. I sent him a P.M. in June and he hasnā€™t found that yet. :unamused: :unamused:

It is still sitting in my Outbox. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Asda bays have an electrical interlock which means that the bays doors cannot be opened until the bay light has been changed to red.

Bay 34? Iā€™d take a guess at that being Europort. :wink:

no lutterworth , i went to europort today and was on bay 11.id be suprised if there was a bay 34 for chilled at europort but i could be wrong.

montana man:
Conversley Mike when I go somewhere new, even if for a company I have been to other locations for, I make a point of telling security and asking if theres any special instructions/procedures i.e. buttons, salvo locks and the like. Along with the all important wheres the brew machine and bog question :wink:

there is always one isnt there dumb question of the week whats a salvo lock

its an airline lock :smiley:
Pull off your red line (once on bay)
put ā€œsalvo lockā€ on red coupling
locking it on releases a key
put key in recepticle by bay and twist
bay can now be used by warehouse staff
and ze evil lorry driver cannot leave ha ha ha ha ha :unamused: :wink:

another great triumph of some over educated no common sense elf n safety guy or warehouse designer :wink:

ady1:
no lutterworth , i went to europort today and was on bay 11.id be suprised if there was a bay 34 for chilled at europort but i could be wrong.

Lutterworth. Iā€™d forgotten that they had revamped the place and put chill bays where the ambient used to be.

Bay 11 at Europort. Nice and handy for the canteen. The high numbered bays are around the other side and are used mainly for Produce.

:wink:

montana man:
another great triumph of some over educated no common sense elf n safety guy or warehouse designer :wink:

how very dare you - salt of the earth them designers, especially them fresh out of nappies who know everything there is to about logistics :stuck_out_tongue:

jj72:

montana man:

how very dare you - salt of the earth them designers, especially them fresh out of nappies who know everything there is to about logistics :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to correct you there jj BUT they do have ā€œcertificatesā€ :wink:

montana man:
Sorry to correct you there jj BUT they do have ā€œcertificatesā€ :wink:

So do I, but even without them, it doesnā€™t take long to figure out that if you simply bang in the Shunt valve, the vehicle can still be moved.

A waste of time and money.

A discussion arose recently as to whose job it was to fit/remove the Salvo. After all, once a driver has placed a vehicle on a bay, and surrendered the keys, surely any further required actions are a matter for the warehouse staff. The fact that they are unable to open the dock door until the Salvo has been fitted, and the key removed and reinserted in the dock mechanism is surely their problem. Not that of the driver. If the company want someone scrabbling about between the Unit and the trailer, getting all ā€˜mucked upā€™ then why should it be the driver?

They always seem keen to make sure that they remove it themselves (in case they ā€˜loseā€™ it :wink: ) so why shouldnā€™t they be equally keen to fit it? :sunglasses:

The worst example of this type of thing Iā€™ve had was when I got sent to a new (for me) quarry for a load of tar.

I went into the hut, asked the bloke where to position the wagon so as to load it even. He told me, I backed under. I was there a while as he kept putting in little drops. After (what I thought) was the last one, a loud buzzer sounded and off I went.

I got down to the weightbridge and the geezer is doin his pieces. :shock. Turns out the guy on the tar plant buzzes BEFORE the last drop. :unamused: Maybe I should have asked but it was totally different from normal. In that way it is similar to Adyā€™s example. Some might say it is a lazy attitude not to ask but if you have lots of other things to think about and sometimes things like putting on little lights are so unusual why would you ask in the first place :confused: ?

If I remember correctly, I nearly got caught by this little green button the first time I came across it at Asdaā€™s. But being a nosey bugger, I wondered what that little poxy sign was down by the back of the trailer ā€¦ it must say something. So luckily for me, I walked down and read it.
I am surprised no one has mentioned that you do practically the same thing at a lot of Sainsburys now. Walk down and hang your keys on a hook on a chain and press the button to open the shutter.

All this technology frightens me :stuck_out_tongue:

A simple way of minimising drive offs and tipped up fork trucks costs about 3 pence for each bay.

You find a bay and go in the building and find a line of forkies sat smoking and drinking. You tell them which bay you are on and hang your keys on the back of the door on a cup hook. When the forkie lifts your door the keys are out of reach. when the door is closed it means you can go and retreive your keys.

Simple but it works at the toilet manufacturer in Audlem :stuck_out_tongue:

Been there, done thatā€¦ First I knew was 40mins later when a warehouse bod came out and did it, giving me a dirty look as he didā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Every RDC has a slightly different procedure, BUT all think that you should know their rules EXACTLY, cuz youā€™re a driverā€¦ :unamused:

Sod umā€¦ Plead ignorance, but donā€™t get shirty back, or it will take even longerā€¦

Luv
Chrisieā€¦ :sunglasses: