Macfarlane transports/ferguson transports

i hear the above are after drivers (according to a yorkshire/midlands radio station).

anyone no what the pay is like,i’ve seen the motors about and look like decent kit,and do they do week away trunking work?.what kind of work do they do.

jon

Try this:

macfarlanetransport.co.uk/

Ken.

Used to work for Fergies a few years back…you have pm…:wink:

Macs pay has gone up from £6.20 all hours to £6.50 all hours so I’m told.

Don’t tell ‘Flip it on a grill’ Tony - he’ll want bun handling money to compensate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

thanks all,cheers lucy :smiley:

jon

fergusons are advertising in poole for 6pound an hour,i worked for him some years ago and lets we had a disagreement i wasnt their long after

Dont want to bore people here but come on guys n girls £6.50 for mawling a 44 TONNE ARTIC about all day WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE OF AN INSULT!!! As for this " all hours " WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT■■? The pay offered should be £8.00 then £12 after 8 hours SIMPLE AS THAT…

COME MARCH 2005 THESE CLOWNS AND CLOWNS LIKE THEM WILL PAY… :laughing:

i tyred to get a bit of info from macfarlanes through a message on there web site.

the wife got a phone call from them yesterday asking where i lived , she told them and they said they couldn’t offer me the position because i live so far away,even though i asked for all week away tramping.

so much for needing drivers

jon

That’s typical of them jonboy. They’ll have another mass of agency drivers in again like this time last year. Crimbo period last year the agency to employed driver ratio at MacFarlanes was 2:1. Bloody ridiculous. I used to be part of that agency figure 12 months back, being on £8/hr and £12/hr after 8hrs. They were getting so much stick from their own drivers about it a few months back that they had to do something about it so they axed as many agency drivers as possible, put the money up 30p/hr and started advertising round the clock on Real Radio. Don’t know that the situation is now though. I think there’s a guy from E.Ardsley on here that works for them :question:

Rob K:
That’s typical of them jonboy. They’ll have another mass of agency drivers in again like this time last year. Crimbo period last year the agency to employed driver ratio at MacFarlanes was 2:1. Bloody ridiculous. I used to be part of that agency figure 12 months back, being on £8/hr and £12/hr after 8hrs. They were getting so much stick from their own drivers about it a few months back that they had to do something about it so they axed as many agency drivers as possible, put the money up 30p/hr and started advertising round the clock on Real Radio. Don’t know that the situation is now though. I think there’s a guy from E.Ardsley on here that works for them :question:

ex macfarlanes rob,i left in july 2002,first job in haulage after coming off coach work.job was steady ,just did`nt suit me.
one thing that bugged me was the “guaranteeed” 50 hours a week.that could be 15 hours one day ,5 hours the next.
if they spent the “real radio” money on the drivers they wouldnt be short!
the job was easy enough,fleet in good condition too.
jon

You obviously didn’t get any of the Iveco’s or ERF’s then re “fleet was in good condition” :laughing: Mind you, as an employed driver rather than agency you would have most certainly received a brand new Topliner as that’s what they give out to new starters. :unamused:

Rob K:
You obviously didn’t get any of the Iveco’s or ERF’s then re “fleet was in good condition” :laughing: Mind you, as an employed driver rather than agency you would have most certainly received a brand new Topliner as that’s what they give out to new starters. :unamused:

no i i was very happy with the eurotech 420(v209) i drove :laughing: :smiley: ,loads of room in cab,powerful engine for the friday night race home! :laughing: in fact i upset mac`s when i declined a scania.would of settled for a FH though!.still cant stand scanias to this day :frowning:
jon