Macfarlanes job

hi i know this firm has had bad thing said about then in the past have they been taken over again? just i rang asking if there was any jobs days , pay £7.50ph ,£8.50ph nights and £1 more after 12 hrs, and £3 a shift meal allowance, got a interview next sat i know the pay is not to good but i told them i have only driven a arctic 3 times at the place work , i am a class 2 driver had my class1 ,7 months they dont seem fussed got off are they hasered days or nights are they that bad a firm ?

slackeye:
hi i know this firm has had bad thing said about then in the past have they been taken over again? just i rang asking if there was any jobs days , pay £7.50ph ,£8.50ph nights and £1 more after 12 hrs, and £3 a shift meal allowance, got a interview next sat i know the pay is not to good but i told them i have only driven a arctic 3 times at the place work , i am a class 2 driver had my class1 ,7 months they dont seem fussed got off are they hasered days or nights are they that bad a firm ?

check out the contract of employment m8 especially the bit that says you will have to pay the first 2500 pound towards any damage done to any vehicle that you are deemed to be responsible for in the event of an accident… :open_mouth:

I did the interview stuff and the driver assesment all the usual stuff nowt too taxing but when you read all the bumph they give you its an interesting read m8.

Great kit but paid for by low rates paid to the drivers and the paperwork was a pain in the arse…everything you do by the minute is recorded …LITERALLY :open_mouth:

Hi Slackeye, I have never worked for McFarlane myself but a couple of the lads at my firm have. They all say it was a pretty bad firm to work for for various reasons. They certainly have some smart trucks though and I work virtually next door to them on the Cross Green Estate.

Obviously I can’t advise you mate, the choice is yours but I’ll ask around tomorrow for you and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Or read here,and it’s associated bits,instead:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28555

Ken.

the bloke that bought mcfarlane used to own gagewell his son runs it now robert cook.all the drivers thought it would be great when he took over but it didnt it just got worse thats why a lot have gone elsewhere

The company is an absolute pile of sh…

Keep well away - for your own sanity.

Stan

PS: The other way of looking at a company like Mac’s is that, as a new driver, if you can do 6 months with them you can do anything.

Sorry , I didn’t see the other drivers today (away early this morning) but I think there’s enough advice about the firm already! :wink:

thanks guys i think i get the message lol

Shame such a smart Co, has such a bad name for its self !

Was talking (well, listening mostly :smiley: ) to one of their blokes at Wakefield a few weeks back.

He reckoned the boss man spends most of his time in the US, that they rob the drivers blind when it comes to wages and that every driver there is looking for something else.

The pay was shockingly bad. Can’t remember what he said it was but I remember thinking it was pretty poor.

The guy really had nothing good to say about them. Made me realise I’m not so hard done by after all!! :laughing:

They look like a decent outfit from their lorries. Looks like they are another lot whose drivers help them pay for the big posh wagons.

I’d sooner drive an ERF EC11 for ten quid an hour than work for Mac’s. :stuck_out_tongue: