M6 Tuesday 15th 5pm FIRE!

On my way to telford this afternoon M6 jct 10 to 10A about 5pm
i see smoke and traffic slowing down.

This is why…

Notice some one making the “well boss…” call?

Noticed that he made sure he got his bags out! at his feet as i went pass

Looks like he cooked his unit brakes?

best of it they closed M6 12 to 10 as I was on my way back… off at Jct 1M54 through wolves then wllenhall at west brom 30 minutes later…who needs sat nav :laughing:

Maybe he got Lycanthrops load of Organic Peroxide and forgot to put his fridge on :wink:

I wonder where he was sleeping tonight!

looks like he got a tyre (judging by the smoke) or a brake (rare nowadays) on fire & then did the worst possible thing… STOP!

100% then its sets the trailer alight unless its dropped very sharpish.

Far better to phone the fire brigade & say “please hurry up & catch me, then i’ll stop”!

And what happens if while you knowingly driving your truck along the motorway while it’s on fire something fails and you end up killing a few motorists along the way? To keep the flames down you’d need to be doing a reasonable speed anyway so driving along at 10mph is no better than stopping and dropping the trailer quick as you can. If my truck caught fire no way I’d carry on.

Kiowan:
And what happens if while you knowingly driving your truck along the motorway while it’s on fire something fails and you end up killing a few motorists along the way? To keep the flames down you’d need to be doing a reasonable speed anyway so driving along at 10mph is no better than stopping and dropping the trailer quick as you can. If my truck caught fire no way I’d carry on.

True but on the other hand loads of motorists could film it on their mobile phones and post it on youtube.

Pretty cool video of a truck tyre on fire as it drives down the road :slight_smile:

I see the wind direction was favourable

Wheel Nut:
Maybe he got Lycanthrops load of Organic Peroxide and forgot to put his fridge on :wink:

nothing to do with me :astonished: honest

One of theses trucks passed me in the OUTSIDE!!! lane between j18 & 19 on thw M25 yesterday morning,not just to avoid an incident but was out there for about 2 miles hooning past the lot of us!!! wheres a copper when u need 1?

DT@Leightonhaul:
One of theses trucks passed me in the OUTSIDE!!! lane between j18 & 19 on thw M25 yesterday morning,not just to avoid an incident but was out there for about 2 miles hooning past the lot of us!!! wheres a copper when u need 1?

was that smoking as well :smiley: :smiley: