Truck fire M6

Did anyone else see the truck fire on the M6 n/b at 03.15 on Saturday morning
It was just before J20,and the overhead matrix signs had been up for a couple of miles before the scene showing “Vehicle Fire”,but I could smell burning well before I got there.
There were police and maintenance workers,who’d coned off lanes 1 and 2,standing at a distance watching the truck burning as no fire engine had turned up at that time.
I’ve no idea who’s truck it was.It appeared to have a couple of JCB’s on the back,the cab was unidentifiable,it was just a ball of flame.
As I dropped down towards the Thelwall viaduct a pair of fire engines were going south with blues and twos going,but by the time they got down to J19 to turn round and get back I think it would have been a bit late.
Hope no one was injured.

the lorry was a scania and belonged to fishers of wigan they was workin further down the m6 earlier on a job where i was workin… you either must have been just before me or just behind me because i seen the fire engine on thelwall to. when i passed it was well on fire the track air was on fire an i think the barber green was just alight to

bestbooties:
There were police and maintenance workers,who’d coned off lanes 1 and 2,standing at a distance watching the truck burning as no fire engine had turned up at that time.

Fancy shutting a couple of lanes just for that :unamused: :laughing:

The water fairies wait for it to burn out before rockin up :smiling_imp: Save getting their hoses out :grimacing: