Stuck on M25 ?

I apologise profusely to those of you stuck on the M25. It was me that called the fire brigade… :frowning:

dropbox.com/s/st657174ruje7 … N.mp4?dl=0

Just watched your video and it may seem a dumb question but - where was the fire?

Sounds like it’s caused a few problems. Radio was saying not likely to be opened until 06:00

Ha ha ha…If you have a look (careful look) at the trailer and unit parked in one of those stupid little lay-bys, you should see it, just above the o/s middle axle of the trailer… :unamused:

This is the same part 4 hours later… :frowning:

dropbox.com/s/5kzo2zjkglhrd … N.mp4?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/2olix315x8a66 … N.mp4?dl=0

i came to a stop about a mile short of the fire at 20.03 and moved again at 00.18 4 hours 15 minutes exactly :frowning:
the frame of the trailer was still there,just 1 lane open.

Yep, noticed it that time when I paused it. It still looks a tiny fire when you went past - so much so that I’m surprised the driver noticed it and had time to drop the unit before it was much more than a 6 inch hole in the curtain.

When I came back on the other side and went up the M11, the queue stretched as far along the M25 as far as I could see. Can’t really see the vehicles in the queue in the videos as they had been there so long, the majority of them had turned off all their lights…

I can only assume that before the small flames, there was smoke and possibly another driver drew his attention to it. :astonished:

Apparently he was carrying paint and tyres, and it doesn’t look as though it was a tyre fire or brakes overheating, as there was no smell to indicate either…

xamtex:
i came to a stop about a mile short of the fire at 20.03 and moved again at 00.18 4 hours 15 minutes exactly :frowning:
the frame of the trailer was still there,just 1 lane open.

If you had been 22 minutes earlier, you’d have just got through… :frowning:

The Road To Hell oh the irony! :laughing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

I was just going to comment the same :grimacing:

According to the dailymail website it was carrying waste including paint,paper and tyres.

Don’t forget to post the links… We want pics around here remember… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

shirts:
I can only assume that before the small flames, there was smoke and possibly another driver drew his attention to it. :astonished:

Apparently he was carrying paint and tyres, and it doesn’t look as though it was a tyre fire or brakes overheating, as there was no smell to indicate either…

He could have flicked a ■■■ ■■■■ out the window and it got caught on the curtain. Wouldn’t be the first time it happened.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

:laughing: I was thinking the same, now I can’t get that bloody song out of my head!

Ricekrispies:

shirts:

He could have flicked a ■■■ ■■■■ out the window and it got caught on the curtain. Wouldn’t be the first time it happened.

As he was carrying waste paint, there is a very good chance that it was a case of spontaneous combustion within the load. We had a similar occurrence in our paint warehouse. :astonished:

The trailer would have been carrying a variety of cargo it was one of the double deck trailers from the firm I work for he was on his way up to the pallex hub in Leicester from what I heard in the yard it was to do with the brakes

shirts:
I apologise profusely to those of you stuck on the M25. It was me that called the fire brigade… :frowning:

These things happen shag, no ones fault as long as the maintenance regime is up to scratch but I’m sure the boys have now been round with the ■■■■ probe to ascertain that by now.

Silver_Surfer:

shirts:

These things happen shag, no ones fault as long as the maintenance regime is up to scratch but I’m sure the boys have now been round with the ■■■■ probe to ascertain that by now.

Not yet they haven’t but it’s OK as TNUK CSI Connor has already diagnosed and apportioned blame on another thread.