M6 this morning

any one get caught up in the tail backs just b4 lym?
what a ■■■■■■■ nightmare.

any way as to what happened.

i was overtaking this CULINA artic when i noticed a roro rigin in hard shoulder, the prick had took his 40 yd bin off and was sat there on hard shoulder for why■■?

any way as i,m nearly up to his cab, i hears this almighty screetching of metal and loud bang.i nearly ■■■■ myself i can tell you. so i,m looking in nearside mirror and CULINA is going straight not veering or anything. i checks offside mirror nothing there either. then as i,m looking at CULINA trying to fathom wot went on, he all of a sudden veers onto hard shoulder then up the embankment and thru a couple of tree,s and flips over onto his drivers side. sheeeesh all this in slow motion in a matter of a couple of seconds.

i put hazards on pull into hard shoulder phone 999 and ask for all three of them fire ambulance and plod.

then i ran back to his motor and checked on the driver (steve or phil i think was his name)
he was in a lot of pain, his legs were wrapped round the steering wheel and pedals, his head was gushing blood oh man wot a state.by then some other motorists were there and in a matter of 3 minutes so were plod. who took over and all in all done a good job.

i kept talking to the driver keeping him awake, taking the ■■■■ out of him supporting stoke city.anything to keep him awake.he had chest pains aswell. after not long the ambulance came and took over from plod and me.
i gave statement to plod and he said i could leave. he had my telephone numbers.just the the fire brigade turned up as i was leaving.

about an hour n half later i was passing going south and plod were taking photo,s and measuring up.

my only conclusion is that the roro lorry/bin were encroaching into lane one and for wotever reason CULINA has clipped it.or coincidence just at same time he had a front n/s blowout, as when it turned over his n/s front was just a rim.

ive seen dozens of motors that have flipped over.but never ever at such close hand. and i can tell you i hope i never see such a thing.

turned me inside out all day.the sound of the metal on metal ringing in my head. god awfull.

i hope the guy is ok if any one knows him.

Let’s all hope he recovers soon. Head wounds often look worse than they are due to the large number of small blood vessels close to the skin.

The fact that photographs were being taken doesn’t make it look good though.

Just out of interest (and not wishing to seem judgemental) was he wearing a seat belt?

Perhaps a timely reminder to again remind people of the link to Ol 'Blue.

i passed there just before that happened this morning, when i passed the skip lorry had no rearmost wheels on the n/s/r? 6x4 configuration. skip lorry i would have said wasnt going anywhere for a while. i went to liverpool and loaded and got caught up in the tailbacks south bound, both trucks were in a mess.

Brings you down to earth & makes you realize how short life can be…Go out & get a few pints inside you!! :sunglasses:

i agree harry, was reading the mirror today, and it was paul hunters funeral today, poor bloke and his family. Makes you think how lucky you are and makes you stop and think to yourself, life is to short and god only knows whats round the corner. live for the day.

After a few near misses in Portugal years ago my philosophy was.’ Eat ,Drink & F7K the consequences!!’ :laughing:

they were saying this morning steve had a broken collar bone and a couple of broken ribs

slowboy:
they were saying this morning steve had a broken collar bone and a couple of broken ribs

thanks for that slowboy. least he will recover.great news and really welcome.

pass on my regards if you get chance.
terry