M6 southbound today (11.12.10) - lorry in ditch

Early hours of this morning, I passed around 0330 and it was in there then, assume driver dozed at wheel, but don’t know for sure.

Hope drivers fine.

It won’t be because the driver fell asleep as drivers dont make mistakes, it was probably blown into the ditch by the wind :unamused:

I have dropped a bit of wind that would make you go off course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6:30 this morning, M6 closed between 16 and 15. I was stuck there for an hour and a half! Then I get to the lorry that had been left from the night before j15-14 and M6 down to one lane. Now I know I’ll have the ‘leave the policing to the police’ squad on my back but at 800yards everyone went into the outside lane as 1 and 2 were closed off, this left the usual car drivers racing off to the end, having done 10.5 hours by this point and having another 3 hours at least before I get back to base I think lets get things flowing again and stop the cars shoving in, I now get Sainsbury’s go past half in hard shoulder and then a P&O driver who gives me the coffee shaker sign!
Well we’ve all waited and If you have a problem then pull me up at the 4-5mph I was doing and be a man and voice your opinion!
We were all in the same spot and I had waited just as long as you and was just trying to stop the usual toss pots (YOU) from pushing in!

once the traffic has stopped
i merge in turn

A white Daf XF went in ditch at Stafford friday mornin,they were recovering it yesterday mornin when i were coming nth bound about 4am i past it.