M6 smash yesterday 30/7/2007

rugby.observertoday.co.uk/news.t … s&id=17302

I hope the driver makes a full recovery…

And still you muppets insist on driving too ■■■■ close to the vehicle in front…

Anyone see the picture of the car transporter embedded IN the vehicle in front in the papers today.

When will you all learn…?

What is it with that area of the country?,

it is every week now a serious accident involving at least one lorry :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I dont no the ins and outs of the accident… perhaps it was caused by the sun being in his eyes or its probably just ■■■■ driving!!

Ski:
And still you muppets insist on driving too ■■■■ close to the vehicle in front…

Anyone see the picture of the car transporter embedded IN the vehicle in front in the papers today.

When will you all learn…?

Do you drive a wagon?? i am not sure i like your tone>>>

Are you suggestin that EVERY truck driver on the road is a muppet??

YOU Muppets!!!, all of us, but not you, not another perfect driver, God spare us another paragon of virtue.

jimboy124:
Are you suggestin that EVERY truck driver on the road is a muppet??

I’ll tell you for a fact there is a lot out there right now. What’s with the overtaking at the half mile marker and when they almost get their cab past they shove the left indicator on to come off , they do this at the 300 yard marker?!! I’m used to cars doing this but its becoming all to frequent from trucks now. I can almost sense a big payout coming my way soon thats if i don’t get killed by one first!!
Anyway to get back to the guys point, i’d reckon off the top of my head that over 50% of trucks drive to close.

For a moment i thought you ment this one

Transporter and truck M6

Same day and junction?

Glad i work lates

same could be said of the M4 yesterday morning with a car RAMMED up the arse of a conti-mental wagon, drivers cockpit looked ok, so asummed the driver was ok?

It’s the Q for the A14, the inside lane of the M6 backs up for miles sometimes near J 1, just takes people by surprise as the other 2 lanes are free flowing. There are warning signs but, not enough…

Somebody in power should really take a good look at that stretch of road and make improvements maybe a flyover or stop you getting on to the m1 north from the A14? The amount of accidents/deaths must be worrying. I am frequently bricking it there.

Mike-C:
[Anyway to get back to the guys point, i’d reckon off the top of my head that over 50% of trucks drive to close.

I have been railing about tailgaters for years, but it never seemed as bad as this in the past.
Could it possibly be that due to speed limiters drivers drive so close to stop others getting in between. Before limiters when there was a greater difference between vehicle speeds drivers were better able to overtake slower wagons.
Or perhaps it is just the sheer volume of traffic these days and the stop-start nature of many journeys.

I think speed limiters must take a lot of the blame,notwithstaning the few muppets out there.If you are moving up to overtake someone and your sped is only microscopically faster than the other vehicle,you know it’s going to take a mile or two to get past,during the night it’s not much of a problem but during the day you have so many impatient motorists that you don’t want to upset that we may finish up driving too close before moving out to reduce the time in the middle lane.Of course,the Irish reg trucks,older trucks and quite a few foreigners don’t have this problem,which must tell you something.

i have just had a cracker today , caravan overtaking me and playing cat and mouse with from kegworth on m1 today , he was doing less than 50 up the hills and over 65 mph ( at least 70 i think ) he nearly lost it on the hill after the a617 chesterfield jct,
then came the roadworks on the m1 nortthbound nr shefield . the driver ignored the law and the signs that said width restriction is 2m in lane 3 then got squished between a tipper and the new concrete central divider both sides of the caravan smashed , the muppet had the cheek to blaim the tipperdriver as well .

Me perfect… never!!!

I am an ex-driver, 20 years behind the wheel. I gave up the driving bit becuase of the state of the industry, particularly the attitude of the majority of the so-called ‘professional’ drivers. Most would rather run you off the road as soon as look at you. There’s no respect, either from other drivers, within the industry and certainly not from outside the industry. Yet while drivers carry on driving like suicidal maniacs (how many exceed the 40mph limit on single-carraigeways?), 2 inchs from the rear of their next overtaking target then nothing will ever change.

Yes, I agree that speed limiters are a big factor, but drivers really do have to start adapting their driving to take account of them. There’s too many vehicles on our overcrowded roads on this little island, and too many ‘professional’ drivers that would rather kill themselves to get past the truck in front doing 0.1 kph less than them.

Yes there are some great professional drivers out there, and I’m sure that the majority on this site fit into that bracket, but the majority on this site is still a miniscule minority in the bigger picture.

holliefabbabe:
i have just had a cracker today , caravan overtaking me and playing cat and mouse with from kegworth on m1 today , he was doing less than 50 up the hills and over 65 mph ( at least 70 i think ) he nearly lost it on the hill after the a617 chesterfield jct,

Don’t you just hate that, and knowing that, nowadays with my caravan I never overtake a wagon going downhill until I’m sure I have the power to do the same up the other side. This often means I am following the same wagon for dozens of miles, but what the heck, I still work out my journeys at an average of 80 kms on autoroutes so still get there in the same time I used to when working.
Nothing is urgent enough to change this policy. :sunglasses: